? servers

? players online

School Help

FOR THE PEOPLE THAT CARE SOMEWHAT ABOUT THEIR EDUCATION:

With the end of the summer and the beginning of the school year (for Americans at least), I thought it'd be nice to start a thread for community help with anyone's school questions, projects, tutoring, etc.

I know there are a lot of free school resources available to most people, and the SG community isn't full of certified teachers, professors, and tutors, but we all have our strengths and weaknesses and it would be great if we could help ourselves build in those areas where we are weak. So if everything fails you, including Google, you can always look to the community.

And of course, this is an open thread, if you know the answer to someone's question, go ahead and answer it.

If you want to correct someone, please do so in a polite way. (No trolling in this thread please, I know I'm asking for a lot)

And if you do see any false statements or misconceptions, PLEASE correct them. It would suck if someone got a test or quiz question wrong because of something they learned here.

Please don't judge people either~

Also, this thread isn't only limited to questions. Feel free to ask for anything, including notes, overviews of common texts, tutoring, revision of essays, homework checks, help with brainstorming, anything you could think of related to school.

And if you do for some reason are not comfortable with asking for help in a public thread, feel free to PM me, and maybe some other people if they want to join in too. (Though don't expect me to have an answer to specialized subjects such as quantum physics and whatnot.)

TL;DR

ASK QUESTIONS, MAYBE PEOPLE WILL ANSWER THEM.

And I sincerely hope this thread doesn't turn into a trollfest/dies

• Content Count:  11501

If I have a formation flight consisting of two F18's in my downwind for a touch and go, as a local controller do I need to give traffic to a precision / tacan approach via GCA for both A/C in the formation, or just one?

• Content Count:  2180

quizlet.com is a nice study thing as well, i like it a lot.

10 Tips for Filling Out the FAFSA | Studenomics

for financial aid, i just want to grab one thing out of it that can save you some serious fucking dosh

Don’t keep money in your name. A student’s assets are assessed at 20 percent, while parents’ assets are assessed at only 5.6 percent. If you have a college savings or a family member who wants to contribute to your education fund, put it in your parent’s name. Or better yet, ask family contributors to keep money in their name until you have received your aid package.

gives you some nice money for when you first enter, generally that money they see in your checkings/savings will be put towards your college fund, when instead you can drop the cash in your family members name before hand and get a lot more aid from the state

also be aware of state scholarships, i know in south carolina they basically give you a free ride to community college because their lotto players basically pay for you, dunno how many other states have this either

another way is if you need to save even more money is to take community college for the first year or two (essential if you're taking any liberal arts, hell, why even go to a Uni for liberal arts? WHY EVEN GET A DEGREE IN LIBERAL ARTS?), you get your general credits for a lot cheaper but make sure you can transfer them to the other college you are going to!

take dual credit courses in high school, they are college level courses that give you high school and college credit (they cost around $400 here without the book, might differ, your HS might not even have them either).

GPA barely means anything after 2.8, your ACT/SAT means everything. Take as many ACT/SAT's as you can, west/east costs generally only need SAT but central states will probably want the ACT, if in doubt, take both. 24> is usually what you want for your ACT.

Highschoolers also need to take education testing for their schools (you know, the ones that judge your school by using your knowledge), for the love of god, do not fuck up this test, do not just snooze during it. people's education depends on the well-being of your school and when you do badly on this test it reflects to the federal government and the state how your school performs, which can lead to it eventually closing down. the test is also a very nice starter for your ACT/SAT, they are generally a lot easier though.

also i recommend getting an ACT/SAT training book, they are usually

and above all: PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION, WHEN YOU'RE DOING TRIGONOMETRY AND CALCULUS IN COLLEGE AND YOU WONDER WHY YOU DON'T KNOW ANY OF THIS, THANK YOURSELF.

edit: pay attention to blooming careers, if you have no clue what you want to do, the easiest thing is getting into an easy career and going back to school later on to do what you want when you finally decide. also you generally want your minor to be somewhat similar to your major so you can have credits tie in and less money spent (ie a math major and a cis minor)

Given vector x = [-7, -3, 10] find a non-zero square matrix such that Ax = 0.

MPQC, are you sure you wrote that out right? Because the only square matrix you can multiply with a 1 row matrix is a 1x1, and I'm not sure if there is any value that you can fill in for [a] besides zero that will give you a zero matrix.

^But then again I'm not very strong in matrices, so anyone feel free to correct me.

• Content Count:  2167

MPQC, are you sure you wrote that out right? Because the only square matrix you can multiply with a 1 row matrix is a 1x1, and I'm not sure if there is any value that you can fill in for [a] besides zero that will give you a zero matrix.

^But then again I'm not very strong in matrices, so anyone feel free to correct me.

It's written correctly.

Reply to Thread