? servers

? players online

Mumble

• Content Count:  3697

Just to clear it up, I am waiting on a reply from Spartans ticket to nfo to make sure we can host it on the dedi which is why I didn't want it up permanently, so I took it down overnight.

And technically you can connect to it with any server IP on the dedi atm. I just posted the default one (happens to be mg).

Worst comes to worse, I would expect we would just need to purchase an extra IP from them to host it, at which point I will be changing the Mumble IP to the new one (assuming that's the route we choose, if we're sticking with Mumble) and making it so you can't connect with any of the IPs, so you'd just have to change it in the connection info.

Spartan has requested (kind of) I wait for a reply to his ticket. So for now it will be staying down, but again, I can't see how they could possibly say no especially if we purchase an extra IP for it, since we basically paid for the specs the dedi can handle, and the IP's, so... It wouldn't make sense for them to even be allowed to deny us if we purchase an extra IP for it. But until I get a response from Spartan confirming if I should wait for a reply to his ticket or not, (or if he gets a reply), then it will be down.

------------------------

Edit: Spartan has received a reply, and we are allowed to host it freely on the dedi. So Mumble is back up (and for good [until we decide if we are switching to Mumble or sticking with Vent])

Edited by Bob Loblaw

• Content Count:  1116

Yeah, I got on both in the morning yesterday and 3-4 people were in Vent as opposed to the empty Mumble server so I decided to stay. That and Jazzy (and possibly some other people) were unable to change channels 2 days ago despite being registered, I'm not sure of what was (and possibly still is) going on.

• Content Count:  3178

Yeah, I got on both in the morning yesterday and 3-4 people were in Vent as opposed to the empty Mumble server so I decided to stay. That and Jazzy (and possibly some other people) were unable to change channels 2 days ago despite being registered, I'm not sure of what was (and possibly still is) going on.

Some people that have been registered are still not set in the correct group. I'll fix all that in an hour.

• Content Count:  3697

Yeah, like in vent, I want to avoid people joining and spamming people who are doing things, so people not set up will be unable to leave the root channel.

I try to idle in Mumble whenever I can, although considering I came home for the weekend, I'm kinda busy, but shoot me a message and if I'm on I'll set people up. (Registering is not the same as setting someone up, anyone can register themselves).

Reply to Thread