• Content Count:  3697

Mumble.png

IP (Address): 70.42.74.124

Port: 64738

Download

DO THE AUDIO WIZARD

How to do the Audio Wizard:

JNBtW.png

Click Audio Wizard and follow the instructions.

How to register yourself:

H0vBm.png

Mine is greyed out because I of course am already registered. If you haven't registered, it won't be greyed out. You can tell if you're registered if there is a grey man with a green cross to the right of your name (at the far side of the Mumble window).

This won't let you move freely, but it will add you to the mumble user database, after which, a higher up can set you into your appropriate group, and you'll be able to move freely.

You can not change your name after registering.

And Mumble uses certificates rather than passwords. Whatever certificate you register with you will need to log into your account. If you use the default one, then create a certificate afterwards, it won't let you log in, but you can use the default one if you want.

How to configure basic Mumble settings:

X2yWh.png

Click this to get into settings (or go Configure > Settings).

UYwNK.png

From here click advanced in the bottom left.

This shortcuts section allows you to change your push-to-talk key (should be set up from audio wizard config), as well as allowing you to add new shortcuts:

• Push-to-talk
  • Reset Audio Processor
  • Mute self
  • Deafen self
  • Unlink Plugin
  • Push to mute
  • Join channel
  • Toggle overlay
  • Toggle minimal
  • Volume up(+10%)
  • Volume down(-10%)
  • Whisper/Shout

Vgem1.png

These are your messages/notifications. You can choose if events play sounds, display notifications (from your task bar), or writes to the console (on the left by default, but you can change that too).

------------------------------------------------------------

I've set up a Mumble server (for the time being, can't guarantee it will stick around). I will be putting it up and taking it down periodically until Spartan receives a reply on the ticket he sent regarding whether or not nfo will allow us to host it on the dedi, at which point I will be leaving it up, or taking it down. It's up atm, so hop on.

Right now I've set it up so that without being set up at all you can still move between channels (except higher up channels). At some point (soon), I will be reverting it back similar to vent so unless you are set up, you can't leave the root channel. No point having this set right now, or it'll be a bunch of people that can't move anywhere.

And you can create a certificate (very simple) before getting registered, if you register without a certificate, then create one, it won't let you join the server until your own "account" is deleted. But you don't have to create one (it will use a default one, and you will always need this certificate to sign in with your name, and while this certificate is active you won't be able to sign in under a different name).

Once you register, you will not be able to change your name. So register under your real name (the name you go by, not your first and last name lol).

Registering doesn't actually do anything except add your name to the server database, which an AO+ will have to add you to a group afterwards. So even if you register yourself, you will need a higher up to give you permissions.

Other than that, feel free to get on, try to get used to the mumble interface and see if you like it, comment on whether or not you like it (so we know), and I'll probably make a slightly more in depth tutorial on it soon.

• Like 5
Edited by Bob Loblaw

Reply to Thread