? servers

? players online

new possible rig, need some opinions

• Content Count:  6465

Agree with James, cut it down to 8gb ram since 32gb is literally not needed at all, it will also save you like $100 or more.

Only other concern I see is the case, why that case? Any reason? If there's no special reason, I would suggest going with a better case which may only cost $20 more, but is built a lot better.

I suggest coolermaster 932 (Really good and about $20 more than the one you have currently) or the Antec 1200 (I have it and the thing is a beast at cooling, 6 fans and runs quiet enough that if it didn't have the lights I wouldn't know it's on or not.)

• Content Count:  192

You should get a SSD and run windows/ some games on it. Improved FPS and hell lot faster load times.

128GB Crucial m4 2.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s (SATA III)

keep the HDD for other things Apps.

(Don't forget if you get a SSD, Make sure your AHCI mode is turned on in the bios.)

Everything else is good!

• Content Count:  1740

You should get a SSD and run windows/ some games on it. Improved FPS and hell lot faster load times.

128GB Crucial m4 2.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s (SATA III)

keep the HDD for other things Apps.

(Don't forget if you get a SSD, Make sure your AHCI mode is turned on in the bios.)

Everything else is good!

lol, not really, the gpu does that not the SSD.

• Content Count:  24

Some of theses things might of been say but.

A few things;

- There's a huge debate on weather the FX-8350 or the Intels are the best for gaming. (Currently FX-8350 is better for multitasking because of the multitude of cores)

- You do not need that much power. You should pick a better more reliable power supply like something like 80 PLUS. I would suggest Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, some kind of known, reliable brand.

- If you're going to go with the 212 Cooler Master series, get the 212 EVO, it's just better overall (all heatpipes are together) and isn't that much more expensive.

- There are many more better cases (cooling, cable management, and build quality) for $160. (Ex. Shinobi XL with or without window, NZXT Switch 810, Corsair 550D, Corsair 600T, Define R4 w/Window) some of these would do you much better.

- A motherboard like this; Asus P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT) - PCPartPicker is close to the same and is cheaper and has Thunderbolt.

- You could spend less on a XFX 7970 GHz Edition with 3GB of VRAM unless you're really into the Nvidia exclusives (CUDA, better PhysX performance, etc..)

- You do not need 16GB of RAM for gaming. 8GB of some higher speed RAM would be great, but if you're doing video editing and such get some RAM that has a low cas latency.

So, yeah, depending on what you're doing with the computer you could change a bit about it.

• Content Count:  1740

Some of theses things might of been say but.

A few things;

- There's a huge debate on weather the FX-8350 or the Intels are the best for gaming. (Currently FX-8350 is better for multitasking because of the multitude of cores)

Intel is much better for gaming, AMD is not soo great, thought that aswell in the beginning when i had AMD, but now that i have Intel, i don't want anything else.

but it's reall personal preference.

- You do not need that much power. You should pick a better more reliable power supply like something like 80 PLUS. I would suggest Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, some kind of known, reliable brand.

Don't go with XFX, the fan rattles from in the beginning and is really load.

But ye Corsair, be quiet!, Antec, SilverStone are much better

- If you're going to go with the 212 Cooler Master series, get the 212 EVO, it's just better overall (all heatpipes are together) and isn't that much more expensive.

they're the same, no need for the EVO, also more dB's on the EVO.

If you're gonna switch to a different cooler might aswell get a Corsair Hydro Cooler.

- There are many more better cases (cooling, cable management, and build quality) for $160. (Ex. Shinobi XL with or without window, NZXT Switch 810, Corsair 550D, Corsair 600T, Define R4 w/Window) some of these would do you much better.

Nothing beats the Antec 1200, it's an awesome case with the best airflow. It's also a new revision which has USB3.0

- A motherboard like this; Asus P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT) - PCPartPicker is close to the same and is cheaper and has Thunderbolt.

No need for Thunderbolt, the only thing that uses Thunderbolt is Mac. Also the Deluxe has Bluetooth.

- You could spend less on a XFX 7970 GHz Edition with 3GB of VRAM unless you're really into the Nvidia exclusives (CUDA, better PhysX performance, etc..)

Agreed

- You do not need 16GB of RAM for gaming. 8GB of some higher speed RAM would be great, but if you're doing video editing and such get some RAM that has a low cas latency.

Meh, might aswell, prices are really low at the moment, so you also won't need an upgrade the next years.

So, yeah, depending on what you're doing with the computer you could change a bit about it.

• Content Count:  24

Reason for the EVO is that the thermal paste is hard to apply because the heat pipes aren't all together. But I wouldn't even recommend getting a 212 seeing how much money he's putting in this. He should get a either a Noctua or Phantek air cooler, or a Corsair or Thermaltake liquid cooler. Something like that or something cheaper, it's all about what you're looking to do.

Also, the whole AMD vs Intel thing I have no take in currently. All I know is that the 8350 has been said to get better FPS in games than Intel, but no one is sure of the fidelity or such thing.

Reply to Thread