? servers

? players online

Another mapping competition?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Another mapping competition?

Another mapping competition!

• Content Count:  2390

Hmm.... I like the way of EVERYONE getting the chance to vote, instead of selecting judges to rank them, because then the entire community doesn't get a chance in it.

That being said, I also realize that some randies will join the forums to only vote for the map because they were told to by their friends. If I remember before, we had a limit where you had to be Mem or above, MAYBE we could change this to having a certain amount of hours played on the map?

Now that that has been said, I personally think the map should be automatically selected to play (if it's even possible) for an hour during the time at which the server is most populated, this way, everyone will play it.

And yeah money lol.

Maybe third place can be like 100k credits

I do like the separate deadlines idea.

I really think a panel of judges is the best way to ensure the maps get judged as fairly as possible. Maybe have a public poll as a part of the judgment, but for sure pre-selected judges should have the final say.

• Content Count:  522

100k credits for a third place is a bit extreme, don't you think?

Forgot that you could buy credits with actual money.

Maybe 50k?

To add even more fun, there should be an exclusive hat to people that entered.

• Content Count:  52

You should make sure a lot of mappers know that there will be a mapping competition.

Collect some internet-pages to make some adverts. Of course with permission of the owners.

Examples: Gamebanana or other forum where these mods get played.

• Content Count:  939

Maybe we could make the amount of winners depending on the amount of people entering. For example, if 30 people enter, its would be a little that 3 only win, so like maybe have 5 winners instead of 3?

Also I would recommend having a voting panel to make it fair to all.

• Content Count:  1563

Maybe we could make the amount of winners depending on the amount of people entering. For example, if 30 people enter, its would be a little that 3 only win, so like maybe have 5 winners instead of 3?

There were mapping contests in the past wich was promoted on other websites, and we had not even 15 mappers, of wich maybe 5 completed their map. It's not really popular

And if I recall correctly, the prizes were huge

Reply to Thread