? players online

Another mapping competition?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Another mapping competition?

Another mapping competition!

• Content Count:  1747

You mean.. you didn't know already?

/cutwrists

Def kwen it was Agent Smith, just couldnt recall from which part he would make such face.

Anyway, I support this idea, as it could mean another go from me on hammer

Edited by Pan32

• Content Count:  2553

Sure, I am all in for a mapping competition. But can we please include other servers as well this time? Such as PB and TTT.

It should include less servers

• Content Count:  4550

Sure, although you guys realize the prize last time was a fair bit of money, so I'm gona have to contemplate this again.

This time, I'd rather do all popular servers: MG, ZE, PB, DR, Surf, TTT. I don't think we should include surf dm, trikz or zriot just yet. However instead of competing the maps from across different servers, the maps are split up into different categories with each server having a separate winner. Since some servers take longer to make maps for, I can set different deadlines for each one. The voting can be done in 2 ways. One is a democratic vote with everyone getting to vote. Problem is people are gona vote who never played the map, or never got to play the map. People will play favourites or get told to simply vote for them. The alternative is to simply have a judging panel who review the maps one by one and rank them. Scores can be tallied and averaged.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  522

Sure, although you guys realize the prize last time was a fair bit of money, so I'm gona have to contemplate this again.

This time, I'd rather do all popular servers: MG, ZE, PB, DR, Surf, TTT. I don't think we should include surf dm, trikz or zriot just yet. However instead of competing the maps from across different servers, the maps are split up into different categories with each server having a separate winner. Since some servers take longer to make maps for, I can set different deadlines for each one. The voting can be done in 2 ways. One is a democratic vote with everyone getting to vote. Problem is people are gona vote who never played the map, or never got to play the map. People will play favourites or get told to simply vote for them. The alternative is to simply have a judging panel who review the maps one by one and rank them. Scores can be tallied and averaged.

Hmm.... I like the way of EVERYONE getting the chance to vote, instead of selecting judges to rank them, because then the entire community doesn't get a chance in it.

That being said, I also realize that some randies will join the forums to only vote for the map because they were told to by their friends. If I remember before, we had a limit where you had to be Mem or above, MAYBE we could change this to having a certain amount of hours played on the map?

Now that that has been said, I personally think the map should be automatically selected to play (if it's even possible) for an hour during the time at which the server is most populated, this way, everyone will play it.

And yeah money lol.

Maybe third place can be like 100k credits

I do like the separate deadlines idea.

Reply to Thread