? servers

? players online

Why don't we have moderators?

• Content Count:  2983

Are you saying put moderation applications so that everyone can review and post their opinion on what they feel on if this person should be moderator, and then have it later to be reviewed by admins to make their final decision on it?

I wonder what sounds very similar to this.

• Content Count:  1639

Are you saying put moderation applications so that everyone can review and post their opinion on what they feel on if this person should be moderator, and then have it later to be reviewed by admins to make their final decision on it?

I wonder what sounds very similar to this.

No need for the sarcasm, I already stated that it would be just like admin applications so it seems you're still focusing on the cons.

• Content Count:  2983

No need for the sarcasm, I already stated that it would be just like admin applications so it seems you're still focusing on the cons.

About 50% of the PB and MG population do not have a forum account/have one but never use it, because they do not find a use in browsing the forums, or they just use it once to enter a giveaway for games or supporter and whatnot. Your input on the moderation system isn't bad but seriously there is always that one person who is always active on the forums and the game that could call an admin/report a player. And if you don't have a forum account you can just demo, upload it, make a forum account, or just upload it and give it to the player that DOES have a forum account and can submit it for you. Or you can just wait for the admin.

TL;DR the idea shouldn't be for sg and should remain as is

• Content Count:  1563

Most higher ups aren't even going to post a reply because of the amount of these threads is too damn high!

Anyway to make a short summary: We had this system before(in a certain way), known as SG-A, and people had brown names :)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  939

Most higher ups aren't even going to post a reply because of the amount of these threads is too damn high!

Anyway to make a short summary: We had this system before(in a certain way), known as SG-A, and people had brown names :)

sigpic5948_1.gif

Exactly what we perspective in your signature! :^_^:

• Content Count:  3056

What the requirements for any power in SG are:

1. Be known/active

2. Be liked

3. Be trusted

If you meet these requirements then you might as well apply for SA.

SA = server moderators

Basically this.

If we'd trust you with your proposed moderator status, we'd also trust you with admin.

• Content Count:  73

Although I don't really care about what happens about this, I will say this:

There is a difference between a moderator and an admin, if you make it that way, I have experienced this. When I have been admin on other servers, I have all the powers, such as being able to ban players for much more than an hour, etc. Compared to where I have been moderator, you get all the minor commands such as muting, kicking and banning for short times, however you aren't able to ban for more than an hour, mainly because the moderators were meant to hold the fort until an admin could come and clean up the mess completely. The moderators were simply moderators because, even though they were trusted enough to have power, they weren't trusted enough to have a lot of it. So basically it was like testing to see if someone was trustworthy, and just overall good enough to be an admin (unless they wanted to stay as a moderator.)

I don't think it's necessary to have moderators, I think the admins do a great job, so I'm not supporting getting them. I am just making a point.

• Content Count:  389

you are basically suggesting a lower rank admin... for when no admins are on... what happens when no moderators are on... exact same problem... "help there are no mods or admins on i think its time to make a even lower admin rank"

this serves no use and would not solve anything

• Like 2
Edited by Pet Rock

• Content Count:  2941

I'm pretty sure you have your answer by now but, :deadhorse:

If you have the requirements to become one of these 'moderators' you might as well just apply for SA.

Then, theres the possibility that these moderators aren't around. Who do you call then? Ghostbusters.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread