? servers

? players online

Why don't we have moderators?

• Content Count:  569

As said before, for the apparent third time, slay, mute/gag, and kick are indeed powers under the admin while others are mostly useless I agree. But moderators shouldn't have a degree of power in which they can use ban or permanent ban, it's only because the lack of availability of admins at times and player complaints without substantial evidence. By this I mean players complain of the offence but have no proof, a good percentage of SG Players don't even have a forum account so how would they report the offence? This is exactly where the mod can be implemented, with constant watch over the server they could fill the spot for the convictions. Regulars such as Spectix, now known as Megan, have messaged me countless times to get an admin because of rule-breakers on the servers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13071[/ATTACH]

I say there should at least be a test period for moderators. Put an application up for Moderator on the forums, and let the applications be reviewed by the staff and community. If proven effective in the upcoming weeks, retain the moderators in SG. If not discard them from SG, and let it be a reputable con against the argument of implementing moderators if ever brought up again.

Why doesn't she/he message an admin instead of you? Seems like it would be more effective.

• Content Count:  3150

Get admin, or get more admin friends. My friendslist is full of people who only message me for freekillers, black haters, ect. I also keep CB up on second monitor and look at it pretty frequently. I know atleast a dozen admins who do the exact same thing, and another handful of supporters who would in turn tell me if they saw something in CB. what more do you want?

/thread pls

Pretty sure multiple people have said why this won't work

Sent from my carrier pigeon

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1950

I'd also like to add that with the new admin system I think you're going to see more people get accepted through the system and an increase and the amount of enforcement through the servers. Thus making this unnecessary along with the other points mentioned in the thread.

• Content Count:  940

You need to earn the trust of those who are already trusted within the community so that we can be confident that the admins will fulfill their role in the community. Anyone who is legible for admin is usually quite active anyway.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread