? servers

? players online

Backpacking

Guest Smiley :]

So the boyfriend and I are planning to go backpack in the South of Asia around this time next year. Depending on our budget, we plan to stay approximately three months (or more). We've agreed that we want our trip to be mostly spontaneous, so our plans are left malleable to allow for impulsive changes. However, to make sure we're not left completely clueless, we do aim to do a lot of research beforehand.

So my question to you guys: Do any of you have any specific places/countries you'd like to recommend? Any activities? Cuisine? Any other advice that might be useful to keep in mind?

I'm supergrateful for any serious advice!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3729

My advice is to talk to (von dutch) Delta. He recently came back from backpacking in Asia and could possibly recommend some places to you. I myself am also looking to go backpacking in Asia, and later on in Australia. Good luck with all the research beforehand and I hope your dream can become reality.

Edited by Paralyzed

• Content Count:  1563

Dont be afraid to eat insects or reptiles as they are delicacies, snake tastes a bit like chicken with bones lol.

Also whilst not in touristic places, you'll find out that dining can be as cheap as cooking food yourself.

eg near fish markets

• Content Count:  421

not to state the obvious, but make sure you're up to the task physically speaking. not sure of your exact plans for all transportation, but regardless you'll be walking/hiking alot. so hitting up recreational areas or local trails with a full pack to condition yourself would benefit greatly.

Reply to Thread