? servers

? players online

Random Question of the Day [July 18th, 2014]

• Content Count:  175

PS3. I love all the past consoles as well, N64, gamecube, ps2, ps1, dreamcast, snes, genesis, etc. But overall, ps3 is my favorite, I'm not going to let nostalgia factor into my decision, while those old consoles may have made up a lot of my childhood and given me tons of great memories, I was never able to enjoy them as much as I enjoyed ps3. As you grow up, you tend to value video games for what they are, and look at them differently, and pay attention to the story and lore and backstory and character development, and through time, as those have grown increasingly important, they've also grown exponentially better through technology. While you may have some amazing memories in Goldeneye 64 or the likes, if you went back and played them NOW, they wouldn't be how you remembered them at ALL. The only thing keeping them at the top in your mind is your own memories, so I don't intend to base my decision for "favorite console of all time" on a factor that puts newer consoles at a disadvantage.

AS FOR FAVORITE GAME ON PS3, the last of us, obv.

• Content Count:  3740

My personal favorite is N64, with LOTS of good games such as Super Smash Bros, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, Goldeneye, and Starfox 64.

Runner up would be SNES, with Super Mario RPG being the most addictive video game I've ever played.

• Content Count:  310

Crash Bandicoot for PS1

Mario Kart and Mario 3 for SNES

GTA San Andres for PS2 (I literally just drove around like a normal person. Obeyed the traffic and such. I don't understand how I found it so amusing.)

• Content Count:  2941

GTA San Andres for PS2 - I literally just drove around like a normal person. Obeyed the traffic and such. I don't understand how I found it so amusing.

I'm pretty sure everyone has done this at least once in their lifetime if they ever played GTA.

• Content Count:  6466

Atari, playing Pacman. Dad told me if I ever was to be serious about wanting to play "video games" (air quotes included) I would have to be able to do good at Pacman at least. In the next few months my Dad bought my first Nintendo (not so super yet) and I played the ever living shit out of Super Mario Bros until I passed out for weeks.

My first actual PC game was Jazz Jackrabbit and I played the shit out of that too.

Anyone who doesn't fully understand about nearly passing out trying to get a cartridge to work will never earn my full respect.

Reply to Thread