? servers

? players online

Ebola?

• Content Count:  5063

Ill pack some clothes, my shotgun and ammo and drive up to a cabin in the mountains. And live of nature till i hear about a cure or something on the radio.

Edited by floffypus

• Content Count:  3440

A large part of the fear of Ebola comes from how it kills you. It's rather brutal and gruesome.

It does adapt and has been reported to now have some strains that are airborne. Which would definitely make it harder to contain.

The scary part is why it was brought to the US in the first place. The CDC now holds patents on several Ebola strains and intends to patent more variants. The real question would be why you would patent a virus like this one... clearly it's a monetary reason and not altruistic such as the search for cures and/or vaccines.

Conspiracy theorists love shit like this... in this case they may have reason.

• Content Count:  6242

It does adapt and has been reported to now have some strains that are airborne. Which would definitely make it harder to contain.

I've yet to hear this, if this has happened it may be an entirely different virus.

The scary part is why it was brought to the US in the first place. The CDC now holds patents on several Ebola strains and intends to patent more variants. The real question would be why you would patent a virus like this one... clearly it's a monetary reason and not altruistic such as the search for cures and/or vaccines.

The first guy they brought over, whom has since recovered, I feel was done so some of the researchers and experts could get a first hand look at the experimental vaccine that seemed to have helped. I think this was necessary as I believe the CDC sees a global epidemic coming and needs to be better prepared. As far as the guy in Dallas who died, he got pass the security protocols in the airport by lying that he had been around infected people. They've tightened the protocol, but tbh its not enough. Until they do a complete isolation of passengers for days on end (which they will never do), you could never be 100% sure they aren't carriers.

I fear the only way to end this epidemic is to set a region wide quarantine, go in with an army of medial professionals screen as many of the populated cities and villages as you can, remove the uninfected to a special quarantine that can further keep an eye on them and potentially catch it on the onset if someone gets by. The infected stay where they are under strict quarantine (deadly force). I believe if you don't show symptoms in 3-5 days you don't have it, once you are cleared you are evacuated till they can clear your village/neighborhood. As much effort and money that would take to do such a thing, its obvious what they are doing isn't helping the situation. Two months ago they said this will be over with maybe 500 dead. As of today there are over 4,000 and it has jumped to countries whom never had a case ever.

• Content Count:  2180

A large part of the fear of Ebola comes from how it kills you. It's rather brutal and gruesome.

Conspiracy theorists love shit like this... in this case they may have reason.

the cdc holds patents on various viruses as a precaution to making sure they can work on patented life forms without fees (simply following govt laws no matter how dumb they are). ebola can indeed be airbourne and most likely will eventually have a strain that IS airbourne. that's the natural way of life for a virus- it adapts and changes rapidly, just look at influenza.

that being said ebola isn't a very big concern currently for the us as we have counter-measures ready in the event of something like this

• Content Count:  3440

By no means do I buy into the conspiracies, but patent laws are a joke when it comes to things like this.

I do feel the CDC does need to ramp up their preparation levels and if that means they need to have the virus on hand then so be it.

This whole Ebola thing reminds me of the Y2K scare. Sure the potential for it to go really wrong is there, but in the end most likely it will turn out to be a lot less of a problem than it could have been. On the other hand it could be the end of society as we know it. Either way I'm not going to lose any sleep.

Reply to Thread