? servers

? players online

Community Q&A

• Content Count:  4960

Will the subscriber rank (I know it's a work in progress) give both ingame and forum sided extra's?

I understand if there would be no information given out before it's ready to launch :)

Also, can't we pull in some average known youtubers to feature our community in exchange for the views of our community and unite them under the SteamGamers name. We can pull away the attention from the servers and probably lure in people that way.

Our community has users that can edit videos, create various types of Digital Artwork (Yes you Floffy) and i'm sure this will give the current playerbase a reason to support and add the SteamGamers Youtube group, more than now where people just send in a video and get 10-20 views.

Serious YouTubers can be featured on our homepage and their newest vids will get like 50-100 views (realistic) more than usual easily.

• Content Count:  2103

Will the subscriber rank (I know it's a work in progress) give both ingame and forum sided extra's?

I understand if there would be no information given out before it's ready to launch :)

Also, can't we pull in some average known youtubers to feature our community in exchange for the views of our community and unite them under the SteamGamers name. We can pull away the attention from the servers and probably lure in people that way.

Our community has users that can edit videos, create various types of Digital Artwork (Yes you Floffy) and i'm sure this will give the current playerbase a reason to support and add the SteamGamers Youtube group, more than now where people just send in a video and get 10-20 views.

Serious YouTubers can be featured on our homepage and their newest vids will get like 50-100 views (realistic) more than usual easily.

I can answer your first question. Yes. What exactly the perks will be are being discussed, but there will be benefits on the forums.

The second question is more like a suggestion, so I suggest you bring it up elsewhere as to not derail the purpose of this thread. Not saying it isnt a good idea though

• Content Count:  5063

Im all down for bringing in youtubers to the community. But i doubt known youtubers will advertise our community just like that. Maybe we can find "average" youtubers which arent part of any community and bring them in, if thats what you mean. If this is the case you better go hunting for them Zaraki ;)

• Like 1
Edited by floffypus

• Content Count:  1064

50-100 views

thats an incredibly low amount of views for a so called "average youtuber"

What would be a good idea: Find members who could be possibly committed to streaming/making videos and recruit them.

It'd have to be more than once or twice a week depending on how many viewers/views they'd have. Usually average streamers/uploaders make more than 5 videos a week. Super popular streamers/uploaders make a few videos a day (I.e Markiplier, PewDiePie, Nova, Ali-A, TheOddOne, AntVenom, Sky, chimneyswiffer, etc)

If it works out well, it could be incredibly beneficial though. More members, donations and friends to make.

In case anyone needs a list of some popular games to play while streaming:

GTA V Far Cry 4

CSGO MineCraft

LoL WoW

Dota2 StarCraft 2

Destiny Call of Duty

Halo Pokemon

There are many more, but these are the games I see played the most lately on Twitch and YouTube.

Some of the most popular streamers can get up to 24000 people to be constantly watching. That's a lot of fuckin people. Imagine how many could be thinking "This guy's community could be fun, I'll join and maybe even donate to keep it running!" I'd imagine that'd be quite a few people.

Aside from that wall of text, who do we contact for making videos and such? Marketing team, CA's or AO's or is there a specific group of people for this? I might get back into streaming. Playing Black Ops 2 and interacting with the viewers, I'd get around 50 to 100+ people watching depending on how good I was playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  1459

thats an incredibly low amount of views for a so called "average youtuber"

What would be a good idea: Find members who could be possibly committed to streaming/making videos and recruit them.

It'd have to be more than once or twice a week depending on how many viewers/views they'd have. Usually average streamers/uploaders make more than 5 videos a week. Super popular streamers/uploaders make a few videos a day (I.e Markiplier, PewDiePie, Nova, Ali-A, TheOddOne, AntVenom, Sky, chimneyswiffer, etc)

If it works out well, it could be incredibly beneficial though. More members, donations and friends to make.

In case anyone needs a list of some popular games to play while streaming:

GTA V Far Cry 4

CSGO MineCraft

LoL WoW

Dota2 StarCraft 2

Destiny Call of Duty

Halo Pokemon

There are many more, but these are the games I see played the most lately on Twitch and YouTube.

Some of the most popular streamers can get up to 24000 people to be constantly watching. That's a lot of fuckin people. Imagine how many could be thinking "This guy's community could be fun, I'll join and maybe even donate to keep it running!" I'd imagine that'd be quite a few people.

I have also noticed that when you stream games with Youtube, they are absolute shit, so go with Twitch for streaming games and to be honest you can do it all on Twitch due to the fact that you could be having a live Q&A while playing GTA V or LoL. But thats just my opinion.

• Content Count:  6

The sad truth is SteamGamers is never going to become big, it's never going to be able to compete with the bigger communities. All I read now is how to get more people to the servers, forums, Facebook likes, etc. No big YouTube star is going to promote the community.

SteamGamers is a community run place, it couldn't survive without it's dedicated members, one which I used to be long ago, and I understand the passion that goes in to the community to keep it running. I just feel maybe you should focus on staying the size you are and giving the members a brilliant experience. More perps for the supporters, more loyalty perks for participation. Don't make SG all about getting promoted, because it's becoming like that. Don't over complicate things anymore, take the 4 million ranks away. Simplify things, only have servers that your players play, you don't need millions of servers. You need more of a structure for the current servers, don't jump on every new game. This is SG, it shouldn't change because you think you'll get a bunch of new members from opening a new server for a new game, be it CS:S or another game.

Work with what you've got, work for the members who are staying around, not trying to get new people in. That's the issue with any company, community, etc. They always want more, and it ruins it for the current people. They feel left out, sidelined, and all you do is pour resources in to getting new people when you could be pouring it in to the current players.

I am guilty of doing this when I ran the place, I wish I never put so much focus in to getting more members, and actually worked with the current members to improve the experience. SG is, and always will be the greatest online community I was a part of. Regardless of what happened with everyone, as a gamer at SG I enjoyed it so much. Haggard really built on making the community fun for the CURRENT users and it grew naturally because of this. When you try and artificially grow the community through a member recruit, it just doesn't work. Think about the saying, "It's true if you look for love you'll never find it, but if you don't look for love you'll find it". The same goes for the community, it will find you. The people will find you. PLEASE for the sake of SG, improve the gaming experience for your gamers.

Focus on the forums, SG is not just a great place to play, but it's also got a fanatic forum with a wide group of people. This is why when I ran the place, I made the new SG group SteamGamers community & forum (or whatever I called it) because when you've got the foundation (the forum) you have everything else. More competitions (but decent ones, actual goodies), more social media presence. Research some small tech companies (I mean those really shitty ones that resell servers, or gaming products), make a deal, advertise them in return for goodies. Make a great partnership, both grow and get in that way. YouTube stardom will never happen for SG, lets face it.

As just a normal user of SG now, I can actually step back and look at SG from when I owned the place, and as a player now. However much you dislike me for whatever reason, at least respect the fact I talk on behalf of gamers who'll always love SG.

So my question is, what you going to do to improve the experience for the supports, donators and gamers who keep the community thriving?

• Content Count:  6242

So my question is, what you going to do to improve the experience for the supports, donators and gamers who keep the community thriving?

Since our last community meeting there has been a lot of questions regarding it this. I do know we have some good plans that are already in the works to do this. I don't know how much has been discussed publicly yet so I don't want to spoil any surprises, but if there has been talk some other person can talk about that. However, it does start with the "revamp" of the donations system with the "Subscriber". Over the past week we've pushed hard to get this set out and we are very close, I believe we are waiting only for a few things to get fixed on our end before it ready to be unveiled. I know its been a long way since our initial announcement but since I've been part of the process it has moved along significantly and can confirm its really close to being done.

This is just the first step of a many new things that we have coming down the pipeline and take my word (or not) that things are a changing and the perks of being a member here at SG will be something you will want to be apart of.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6466

The sad truth is SteamGamers is never going to become big, it's never going to be able to compete with the bigger communities. All I read now is how to get more people to the servers, forums, Facebook likes, etc. No big YouTube star is going to promote the community.

What a sad view of the community, you see no potential for SG to become bigger? It's not healthy to keep this kind of vision for SG. That's the kind of ideology that kept SG in the same spot for like 2 years where nothing happened.

SteamGamers is a community run place, it couldn't survive without it's dedicated members, one which I used to be long ago, and I understand the passion that goes in to the community to keep it running.

You sold the community for a Macbook, being the one solely responsible for us not owning our own name.

I just feel maybe you should focus on staying the size you are and giving the members a brilliant experience. More perps for the supporters, more loyalty perks for participation.

Already discussed as on its way, and also we have more perks for dedicated members than SG has ever had, tiers of regular give people something to work towards on forums and rewards for said things. Also supporters were given some more perks on different servers since you were president.

Don't make SG all about getting promoted, because it's becoming like that. Don't over complicate things anymore, take the 4 million ranks away. Simplify things, only have servers that your players play, you don't need millions of servers.

Never getting promoted is what caused MANY potentially great higher ups to quit this community, putting effort in and getting zero in return caused them to turn away. People had to wait for months for someone to finally decide they wanted to step down before getting promoted. We have less ranks now than we did when you were running things, and our community meeting (What caused the creation of this thread) we already discussed lower our servers to have more focus. Even then, we have less servers than SG has had in the past.

You need more of a structure for the current servers, don't jump on every new game. This is SG, it shouldn't change because you think you'll get a bunch of new members from opening a new server for a new game, be it CS:S or another game.

We haven't opened a new server for a new game outside of CS:S, CS:GO, and Gmod. We aren't jumping game to game. We moved from CS:S to CS:GO because CS:S population in general (Amount of players playing it) has decreased drastically. Something else you would know if you actually took time to look around.

Work with what you've got, work for the members who are staying around, not trying to get new people in. That's the issue with any company, community, etc. They always want more, and it ruins it for the current people. They feel left out, sidelined, and all you do is pour resources in to getting new people when you could be pouring it in to the current players.

Appeasing people who are currently here is of course a priority, but saying not to work with getting new people in is just not logical at all. Eventually people leave and if we are never working towards getting new people, the community will inevitably die regardless. Seems pointless to me to never try to get new people. People are more involved and invited to be involved with the future of SG more so than ever in the past, people who put forth effort get promoted and rewarded for their contributions, encouraging people to work towards populating and expanding SG slowly but surely.

I am guilty of doing this when I ran the place, I wish I never put so much focus in to getting more members, and actually worked with the current members to improve the experience. SG is, and always will be the greatest online community I was a part of. Regardless of what happened with everyone, as a gamer at SG I enjoyed it so much. Haggard really built on making the community fun for the CURRENT users and it grew naturally because of this. When you try and artificially grow the community through a member recruit, it just doesn't work. Think about the saying, "It's true if you look for love you'll never find it, but if you don't look for love you'll find it". The same goes for the community, it will find you. The people will find you. PLEASE for the sake of SG, improve the gaming experience for your gamers.

Most of this is yes and no, overall true, but expansion doesn't come from doing nothing. If our current community doesn't populate the servers and actually play in them or anything, how will it naturally expand? We have appeased our current members by putting for efforts at expanding, people aren't yelling in outcry at us trying to get new people.

Focus on the forums, SG is not just a great place to play, but it's also got a fanatic forum with a wide group of people. This is why when I ran the place, I made the new SG group SteamGamers community & forum (or whatever I called it) because when you've got the foundation (the forum) you have everything else. More competitions (but decent ones, actual goodies), more social media presence. Research some small tech companies (I mean those really shitty ones that resell servers, or gaming products), make a deal, advertise them in return for goodies. Make a great partnership, both grow and get in that way. YouTube stardom will never happen for SG, lets face it.

You earlier stated trying to get advertisement from places and partnering with people was a bad idea and that it won't help anything, and youtube is a social media of sorts and we don't have to achieve stardom to get our name out there and get a few people interested, which always helps. Regardless of this contradiction, we already are working towards these things. It was discussed in the meeting we had with the community.

As just a normal user of SG now, I can actually step back and look at SG from when I owned the place, and as a player now. However much you dislike me for whatever reason, at least respect the fact I talk on behalf of gamers who'll always love SG.

I reiterate my statement of where you sold SteamGamers to someone for basically a Macbook. I don't think people who love SG want you talking for them. Let them speak for themselves.

Short answer: More than you did. Long answer: Attend our next community meeting and find out! We have plenty on the way, or already implemented, and most of it is discussed around the forums, I would have encouraged you to look around a bit more on these forums before posting, as a lot of your post is already answered or proven to not be accurate.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  6

Oh dear.. I'd also like to point out, when I owned SG it was much bigger than currently now.. so your whole paragraph is invalid. I couldn't actually give a fuck anymore. Grow up and get over it. I ranted yesterday, and I don't have time to have internet drama with children. Say as you please. I want you to keep replying to me, so I can just keep replying too, and then we can get in to a big debate where bob, dick and harry all get involved. Please lets do it. Like the old days? Please Xeno!

What a sad view of the community, you see no potential for SG to become bigger? It's not healthy to keep this kind of vision for SG. That's the kind of ideology that kept SG in the same spot for like 2 years where nothing happened.

You sold the community for a Macbook, being the one solely responsible for us not owning our own name.

Already discussed as on its way, and also we have more perks for dedicated members than SG has ever had, tiers of regular give people something to work towards on forums and rewards for said things. Also supporters were given some more perks on different servers since you were president.

Never getting promoted is what caused MANY potentially great higher ups to quit this community, putting effort in and getting zero in return caused them to turn away. People had to wait for months for someone to finally decide they wanted to step down before getting promoted. We have less ranks now than we did when you were running things, and our community meeting (What caused the creation of this thread) we already discussed lower our servers to have more focus. Even then, we have less servers than SG has had in the past.

We haven't opened a new server for a new game outside of CS:S, CS:GO, and Gmod. We aren't jumping game to game. We moved from CS:S to CS:GO because CS:S population in general (Amount of players playing it) has decreased drastically. Something else you would know if you actually took time to look around.

Appeasing people who are currently here is of course a priority, but saying not to work with getting new people in is just not logical at all. Eventually people leave and if we are never working towards getting new people, the community will inevitably die regardless. Seems pointless to me to never try to get new people. People are more involved and invited to be involved with the future of SG more so than ever in the past, people who put forth effort get promoted and rewarded for their contributions, encouraging people to work towards populating and expanding SG slowly but surely.

Most of this is yes and no, overall true, but expansion doesn't come from doing nothing. If our current community doesn't populate the servers and actually play in them or anything, how will it naturally expand? We have appeased our current members by putting for efforts at expanding, people aren't yelling in outcry at us trying to get new people.

You earlier stated trying to get advertisement from places and partnering with people was a bad idea and that it won't help anything, and youtube is a social media of sorts and we don't have to achieve stardom to get our name out there and get a few people interested, which always helps. Regardless of this contradiction, we already are working towards these things. It was discussed in the meeting we had with the community.

I reiterate my statement of where you sold SteamGamers to someone for basically a Macbook. I don't think people who love SG want you talking for them. Let them speak for themselves.

Short answer: More than you did. Long answer: Attend our next community meeting and find out! We have plenty on the way, or already implemented, and most of it is discussed around the forums, I would have encouraged you to look around a bit more on these forums before posting, as a lot of your post is already answered or proven to not be accurate.

Edited by GarfieldH

• Content Count:  3150

I couldn't actually give a fuck anymore. Grow up and get over it. I ranted yesterday, and I don't have time to have internet drama with children. Say as you please. I want you to keep replying to me, so I can just keep replying too, and then we can get in to a big debate where bob, dick and harry all get involved. Please lets do it. Like the old days? Please Xeno!

You're the one who came on bitching and moaning about what SG had become, and then trying to tell everyone what is being done wrong.....but then you go and say you don't care, telling us to grow up, and saying you don't have time for internet drama.

Take your own fucking advice pal.

• Like 10
Edited by BoM

Reply to Thread