? servers

? players online

Rules Suggestion (Mainly for Prison Break):

You guys are failing to realize that it's not just a joke order and that CT's are killing players who do not obey to this type of thing. Since when is your idea of a good time on PB to have the CT order you to suck his dick or you're not allowed to fucking play? Sure you could knife him once, but then you're done for the round and he goes and heals up and asks the next person. How in the fuck is that interesting PB game play to any of you?

The way I see it, if someone is already uncomfortable getting told to suck a CT's d, it already falls under the player disrespect rule so there doesn't need to be another rule added to remedy the situation. They should just inform the CT that they're uncomfortable with it and if the CT is persistent, then an admin can handle it or the player can easily demo it from there.

I mean honestly the order is as non-interesting as any other PB order, with most rounds being go to an area sit there for the whole 5 minutes. If I'm ok with the order being given to me and I have no issues with giving up the e-booty to a power thirsty CT, I don't understand why anyone would be offended that I'm the one having to obey the order as long as I'm not mic spamming moaning noises or being annoying. Yeah, rape is offensive, but so is death, and murder, and a lot of other things that happen in PB, but people need to keep in mind that PB orders should not be taken seriously.

Player harassment is already against the rules, there doesn't need to be blanket statement against virtual rape on the rule list. People find offensive things funny, and it's not surprising to me that people would want to simulate it just for lols. You can get all SJW with your logic, and you're not wrong, it is honestly stupid to find offensive things fun, but people use video games as an outlet for things they can't get away with irl, and it'd be stupid to put limitations on that just because some people can get triggered over the internet.

tl;dr What happened in OP's original post didn't happen because of bad rules, it happened because of bad admining.

• Content Count:  66

The way I see it, if someone is already uncomfortable getting told to suck a CT's d, it already falls under the player disrespect rule so there doesn't need to be another rule added to remedy the situation. They should just inform the CT that they're uncomfortable with it and if the CT is persistent, then an admin can handle it or the player can easily demo it from there.

I mean honestly the order is as non-interesting as any other PB order, with most rounds being go to an area sit there for the whole 5 minutes. If I'm ok with the order being given to me and I have no issues with giving up the e-booty to a power thirsty CT, I don't understand why anyone would be offended that I'm the one having to obey the order as long as I'm not mic spamming moaning noises or being annoying. Yeah, rape is offensive, but so is death, and murder, and a lot of other things that happen in PB, but people need to keep in mind that PB orders should not be taken seriously.

Player harassment is already against the rules, there doesn't need to be blanket statement against virtual rape on the rule list. People find offensive things funny, and it's not surprising to me that people would want to simulate it just for lols. You can get all SJW with your logic, and you're not wrong, it is honestly stupid to find offensive things fun, but people use video games as an outlet for things they can't get away with irl, and it'd be stupid to put limitations on that just because some people can get triggered over the internet.

tl;dr What happened in OP's original post didn't happen because of bad rules, it happened because of bad admining.

Obviously the rules saying "Please respect all players and admins" is not enough. It obviously needs to be clarified, which many people agree with me on. If this is an issue then we need to have an explanation in the rules just like we needed in the common sense rule on baiting. It does not hurt to expand on the rule, and I don't see why you're so insistent on not explaining the rule when the blanket statement is not enough. It can't hurt, nor will it ever hurt to explain something a little more to make things more clear for those who care about reading the rules. Its an easy task.

I'm not asking for a rule saying "omgz ban rape words pls" I'm saying stop the threats that are used for harmful meaning and not "lollol im gonna rape u wiff da pist0l", but "Bitch I'm going to rape you over your own bed." Its not cool and its not okay to condone the saying of those things... Nor is it cool to condone "role-play" of rape in PB. These rape orders are usually a targeted attack because people find it funny to single out people, i.e. our younger community members or females. Like if you guys wanna joke between each other and you're all friends, its all good fun, do it. But if somebody involved is uncomfortable allow them to be excluded without consequence (warning shots, killing, bitching at them) or stop the activity over all. Is it hard to ask to just allow PB to be a fun place without rape orders that aren't funny?

I get what you're saying. Persistent people trying to harass you is stupid and unfair. My belief, however, is that stricter enforcement of the rules that are already in place is a much better option than adding another blanket statement rule.

What you get if you add a blanket anti-threat/rape statement is

-a bunch of people trying to get around the rule to be cool and edgy

-people arguing that something they did or said does not apply to the rule

-you getting harassed more because people know stuff like that offends you deeply

This would cause a lot more headaches than it would stop.

It's a lot less admining to do when all an admin has to do is drop the banhammer, reason: player disrespect, then having to reply to a bunch of ban appeals for what people think is right/wrong. If you observe an (not afk) admin that should be protecting you but isn't, just submit an admin complaint because admins that sit back and let that happen obviously are not needed.

I also understand that it seems counter-intuitive that adding more rules leads to more people breaking rules, but from the whole racism debacle that we've had in SG for the past few years I feel like adding the rule would only cause more problems.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt though, you could be right and more clarification on the rules might stop the issues you're having, though I do think a stricter position on the player respect rule should be attempted before we slap more words onto the motd.

• Content Count:  6465

6 pages later and my response is virtually repeated.

Yes.

Lock?

this keeps going in circles at this point

Yes.

The BD stance is pretty much as Spartan stated on the first page. This kind of thing is considered player harassment, and will be handled as such when it happens in the future. All Admins are to be expected to stop this kind of thing when it happens and it's clear that the person being victim to it is not enjoying their time in the server because of it. Better yet, encourage people to just not do this kind of thing in PB at all. Personally if I see it, regardless of who it's towards, I'm telling the CT not to give orders like that and if they persist I'll switch them to T. I hope other Admins follow suit, or at least understand when it's crossing the line.

• Like 7
Edited by XeNo

Reply to Thread