? servers

? players online

Rules Suggestion (Mainly for Prison Break):

• Content Count:  3287

I always tell people that get targeted by certain people to let an admin know when it becomes bothersome to them, and if they do, I'd punish the person doing it.

It's hard to draw the line between whats acceptable and what is not, so I usually let that line sit with the person being targeted. Some people can take it, some can't.

So my advice, let an admin know if its bothering you and it should be dealt with

• Content Count:  3462

Either contact an admin or, if you feel up to it, try to talk to the person doing this to you. Tell them that the joke is not funny anymore/never was in the first place. You shouldn't have to feel uncomfortable about playing the server because someone might give you sexual orders that are specifically towards you.

If you feel too uncomfortable to tell the person saying this stuff in private, tell an admin that you know first. I can definitely see that it's a bit hard to tell (from a person not in the situations standpoint) if someone is taking something as a joke or as harassment in a video game.

As for an admins perspective, if I was told this I'd try having a conversation with the person making said jokes and just say it's not funny to the person/not needed. If the person continues said jokes, tell a higher up about the situation and we'll be sure to handle it.

If you have any further questions, don't be shy to contact me or anyone else in the higher up staff.

Sorry, if this has already been answered for I've not had the time to throughly read this thread.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  6759

Well for me it hasn't been an issue but I completely understand your perspective and everyone else's perspective. I personally never had this issue even when I joined over two years ago as a member but CS:S JB was way different back then so this wasn't a concern. With the rowdy crowd and toxicity that is now the CS:GO community, it's hard not to expect this type of shit because times have changed and so things will change in terms of morals and whatnot online. It's easy to expect this type of shit but it's also not easy to avoid it if someone is the target and is highly uncomfortable.

As everyone said, it's best to quietly reach out to another admin (since you mentioned one was on at the time already and took no action) and have them deal with such people. Like everyone said it's clearly player harassment. Back then in source, we never had role playing go so far in JB. Sure we had things like, "come to this line and tell me what's for dinner", but it never went so far as to say telling someone to "turn around, bend over and get raped."

Ever since GO came out, things have somehow changed in terms of prison break because it's more rp type whenever I play now for SG. I'm not sure why but I'm used to the good ol' rebel as soon as I can get out of the cell type of fun because that's how I played it since CS:CZ days.

But anyways it actually baffles me that the admin who was on at the time didn't think twice about how it can be uncomfortable for a female to be in this situation. If it's a male then it's a different story because most guys would brush this off their shoulders and not give two shits. It's completely different for women online because it's not something they can be easily comfortable with and you guys know how many females play on SG too. What also kinda made me surprised that action wasn't taken on the spot with a simple "stop guys" because it's that we've seen seen rape threats and sexual harassment towards other female admins in the past and people get banned for it regardless. Sure the rape threats are for irl and obviously someone should be banned for sexual harassment if it's verbally said on mic but in a situation like this - is this not similar to them?

I know I can't really relate to this because I've never had deal with this and no one bothers to do so but I'm sorry you had to deal with this shit because it's not easy to brush off for you. Hopefully that doesn't stop you from playing on our community because that's the last thing we want to happen for anyone.

This is just my two cents.

• Content Count:  1086

I know I can't really relate to this because I've never had deal with this and no one bothers to do so but I'm sorry you had to deal with this shit because it's not easy to brush off for you. Hopefully that doesn't stop you from playing on our community because that's the last thing we want to happen for anyone.

This is just my two cents.

Not really sure, but I assume you don't use your mic as often as other people like red or savage. tbh I never knew you were a girl until like 2 months ago.

• Content Count:  2589

I think the whole "role play" argument holds no valid point or stance in regards to this. Just because it happens in real jail doesn't justify it to be done in a video game. There is such a thing as taking role play too far. Rape in jail is not acceptable and is obviously against the rules. So if you wish to apply the logic of role play to this situation, then it also shouldn't be allowed to be done. Prisoners kill each other in real jail, but team killing isn't allowed. Why should rape be?

And to further touch down on it, i know we can't logically cater to every little thing that someone takes offense to. However I do feel that this a topic that we should be doing something about. I'd prefer for it to not happen at all, but as i said if both parties are perfectly content with it, then I guess it would be alright. But if the receiving party isn't okay with it happening then it should be stopped.

Me personally, if it gets too graphic and detailed (talking the CT actually moaning, or getting too detailed with it) I'll prob step in and tell them to stop. If they want to cyber, go get in a private Ts channel or Skype call.

Edited by Goku

• Content Count:  6465

The amount of people defending and finding alternative ways to encourage the continued use of sexual acts in PB in this thread is mind boggling. What core purpose does having anyone in PB, male or female, preform "sexual" acts in-game serve to the game mode?

As a CT, you should be giving orders to give the T's something to do that isn't for your own sick entertainment of watching two animated models pseudo-rape each other in a video game.

You guys are failing to realize that it's not just a joke order and that CT's are killing players who do not obey to this type of thing. Since when is your idea of a good time on PB to have the CT order you to suck his dick or you're not allowed to fucking play? Sure you could knife him once, but then you're done for the round and he goes and heals up and asks the next person. How in the fuck is that interesting PB game play to any of you?

Sexual harassment and female-targetting aside, take a look at what kind of subject you're talking about and how it affects the entertainment of all players on the server, something we should be always working towards.

To cover all bases: You cannot bring up the fact it is a role playing server and that it happens in real life so it's applicable in a role play server. It won't work like that in a video game, ever. Why? Because guards killing inmates that give them a hard time happens in real life too. Should we allow the freekill of certain inmates that are "annoying" or "hard to play with"? You can't bring up the 18+ rule because sexual harassment and people not wanting to see displays of rape is a concern even for those over the age of 18. I personally wouldn't want to watch a rape happen, and I'm over 18. Pseudo or not, 18+ or below, it's disgusting to say "Welcome to SG PB, if you feel like ordering prisoner rape, go for it! If they don't do it, just kill 'em! Enjoy your stay! :D".

What about when in real life a guard is found to be sexually harassing inmates and forcing them to do these activities? What happens? He's punished. Guess what should be happening to CTs that do the same to players or otherwise they kill them? You guessed it.

This is by no means an official stance on the subject, it's my opinion on it. BD's will be talking about what to do concerning this issue soon and make more of an official statement later on.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  66

Steam Gamers does NOT tolerate harassment. If someone is targeting you personally in a server that is not okay. Nobody should have to put up with that.

So when it's an admin committing the offense, and this is OBVIOUS player disrespect/harassment if it's a rape order... What are you supposed to do other than demo wish yourself luck with getting the higher ups? Don't get me wrong, the higher ups are the most helpful in these situations and really are great at handling it, but we shouldn't have to take it to them to make it stop. Shouldn't we just call in somebody about the admins rank? Maybe if it's an SA doing it be able to call in a CA and he punish the SA temporarily so the action stops until the higher ups can deal with it later?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  2167

So when it's an admin committing the offense, and this is OBVIOUS player disrespect/harassment if it's a rape order... What are you supposed to do other than demo wish yourself luck with getting the higher ups? Don't get me wrong, the higher ups are the most helpful in these situations and really are great at handling it, but we shouldn't have to take it to them to make it stop. Shouldn't we just call in somebody about the admins rank? Maybe if it's an SA doing it be able to call in a CA and he punish the SA temporarily so the action stops until the higher ups can deal with it later?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, if an SA is the one harassing, there really isn't much you can do other than alert a higher-up to the situation. We expect our SAs to be held to the same standards if not stricter than the rest of the community. Targeting players for harassment is not behavior we tolerate. However, nothing can be done until it is brought to our attention. If you cant reach someone, calling in a CA is probably a good idea. They cant directly punish the SAs but they will help make sure the situation is dealt with appropriately.

Reply to Thread