? servers

? players online

How Much Dmg Should a Warning Shot do

• Content Count:  29

So I was playing JB and I was a CT, I warning shot somebody for not following orders. I did 68 dmg to the person and he complained that I can only do 50 dmg or less on a warning shot. Ive always been told that you can warning shot with anything as long as you dont kill the T, please clarify if I was ok to do the amout of dmg I did.

Thanks,

Skizzy

• Content Count:  2589

General rule of thumb is that as long as the shot doesn't kill, it is a warning shot. It also also highly frowned upon, but not entirely sure if the rule specifies, to not use an awp. It is recommended to use a sidearm and legshot, but is not required.

As for that person complaining you can only do 50 damage, that's not something you can easily control. Either they are misinformed, or were doing as some Ts will do and lie to you to try to get their way.

Also @Elemental pls,

pJDC01y.png

Edit: @bethy pls, posting same time as me...

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3056

General rule of thumb is that as long as the shot doesn't kill, it is a warning shot. It also also highly frowned upon, but not entirely sure if the rule specifies, to not use an awp. It is recommended to use a sidearm and legshot, but is not required.

As for that person complaining you can only do 50 damage, that's not something you can easily control. Either they are misinformed, or were doing as some Ts will do and lie to you to try to get their way.

Also @Elemental pls,

pJDC01y.png

Edit: @bethy pls, posting same time as me...

If you don't kill with the AWP, then it is a legit warning shot, however if there is no reason to kill him and he dies, maybe because he was warning shot earlier for a previous order or because he fell down from somewhere, then it is a freekill.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2589

If you don't kill with the AWP, then it is a legit warning shot, however if there is no reason to kill him and he dies, maybe because he was warning shot earlier for a previous order or because he fell down from somewhere, then it is a freekill.

Warning shot with an awp is highly frowned up and discouraged considering how easy it is to accidentally kill with it. Don't think it's officially in the rules for the reason that it's possible to not kill, but AFAIK it's always been discouraged.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  165

Warning shot with an awp is highly frowned up and discouraged considering how easy it is to accidentally kill with it. Don't think it's officially in the rules for the reason that it's possible to not kill, but AFAIK it's always been discouraged.

On a side note

Katy Perry can't sing.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  3056

"but not entirely sure if the rule specifies"

I'm just clearing the rules up for you, I know that it is frowned upon to warning shot with an AWP.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread