? servers

? players online

Better Recording Quality

• Content Count:  422

Is there a way to get better recording quality with a free program, I used fraps and the quality is absolute shit. I want to get better video quality so the admins don't have to sit through shit videos.

• Content Count:  2187

A demo's good. I just prefer YouTube because then I can handle demos on the phone.

I recommend OBS (Open Broadcaster Software). It has worked for me. Plus, as long as we can read the in-game chat, then the quality's fine.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2504

Making a demo is what you should be doing for complaints. If the demo is long, you can fast forward through it when you play it back by typing demoui in console. Then like Goku said, post the tick mark so we know when the incident is happening, and that way we won't have to wait.

The reason we want demos and not YouTube videos is so we can hold on to the proof if we need to should the person appeal or get permbanned. If you just upload a video to YouTube, you can take it off at anytime and we can't do anything about it, then we're left with nothing if it comes up in an appeal. So demos are the way to go for complaints.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11725

Depends on what you are wanting to record and do.

Fraps is not bad, you just do not understand how it actually works.

When fraps records a file, it is in a Fraps format, When you import it to something like AVS Editor, Premier, Sony etc the quality of it will be set to what you make it. So I record at full size 1920x1080, Export at 60 FPS @ 1920x1080 and I will get perfect HD 1080.

If you have Nvidea, you can use Shadowplay, It records the last 5min to 15 min if you press a hotkey, or you press a hotkey and it just records, you suffer no lose in performance.

Demos work also, but it depends, are these just for complaints or are you wanting to make videos?

I always forget to type record demo in console every round so thats why I do not use demos.

Reply to Thread