? servers

? players online

Distance Orders

• Content Count:  1385

Don't be a smartass.

If someone tells you to get back and is running in a corridor away from you. Don't follow him?

If you corner some CT and he tells you to get back, it's similarly not hard to fucking understand what he means, is it?

If someone tells you to get back and is running all around (ie chasing a bunch of Ts) and kills them for not "going back" it's a freekill (or at least it should be)

@Caution is this what you mean?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3462

Yes it's a distance order, stop and freeze are good alternatives to what goal you want to accomplish here.

Don't be a smartass.

If someone tells you to get back and is running in a corridor away from you. Don't follow him?

If you corner some CT and he tells you to get back, it's similarly not hard to fucking understand what he means, is it?

If someone tells you to get back and is running all around (ie chasing a bunch of Ts) and kills them for not "going back" it's a freekill (or at least it should be)

@Caution is this what you mean?

think of it this way, isn't it your fault for getting yourself into that situation in the first place?

think of it this way, isn't it your fault for getting yourself into that situation in the first place?
The second example? Sure. Though I don't really understand what that has to do with the order.

The first one though? I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed, because it's pretty fucking clear what I want the T to do. Him not doing it is blatantly rebeling or just trying to be a smartass because "distance orders aren't allowed bruv".

Not to mention that there are various situations where you can tell someone to "get back" without it being your fault in the first place. Let's say you open the armory doors in razor and there's a bunch of Ts standing there. If you tell them to get back (it's pretty fucking clear cut what you want them to do as well) I don't see any kind of reason why it wouldn't be allowed. Sure, you can order all the terrorists (kinda note how it inconveniences the entire T team) to go to a certain area so they don't stand around next to the armory doors, from which you want to get out.

I can thing of plenty more examples. Imo people should just think if their order to "get back" is reasonable or not. If you're running around the T's and tell everyone to get back that's basically baiting for someone to break it and kill him.

• Content Count:  2589

The second example? Sure. Though I don't really understand what that has to do with the order.

The first one though? I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed, because it's pretty fucking clear what I want the T to do. Him not doing it is blatantly rebeling or just trying to be a smartass because "distance orders aren't allowed bruv".

Not to mention that there are various situations where you can tell someone to "get back" without it being your fault in the first place. Let's say you open the armory doors in razor and there's a bunch of Ts standing there. If you tell them to get back (it's pretty fucking clear cut what you want them to do as well) I don't see any kind of reason why it wouldn't be allowed. Sure, you can order all the terrorists (kinda note how it inconveniences the entire T team) to go to a certain area so they don't stand around next to the armory doors, from which you want to get out.

I can thing of plenty more examples. Imo people should just think if their order to "get back" is reasonable or not. If you're running around the T's and tell everyone to get back that's basically baiting for someone to break it and kill him.

You are clearly showing your vast misunderstanding of how our server's population works.

"Think if their order to get back is reasonable or not" would assume we can trust our server to honestly think and correctly interpret the rules. Not allowing "get back" by classifying it as a distance order is sort of a blanket rule. It covers any use of the term and avoids any problems.

A CT says get back, but how is the T supposed to know how far "get back" is, or when he's free to move forward again. You can think of plenty of examples? I'd like to hear a few, as I guarantee you that 100% of them could be resolved by telling the T to freeze, or ordering them to go directly to somewhere.

Also small note, in your example, the CT just has to stand inside armory till the door closes, then take the alternate route out by going through the awp window/catwalk.

You are clearly showing your vast misunderstanding of how our server's population works.

"Think if their order to get back is reasonable or not" would assume we can trust our server to honestly think and correctly interpret the rules. Not allowing "get back" by classifying it as a distance order is sort of a blanket rule. It covers any use of the term and avoids any problems.

Fairly certain that the people who can't "interpret" the rules are the ones that don't read them what so ever.

A CT says get back, but how is the T supposed to know how far "get back" is, or when he's free to move forward again.
Why are you overly complicating things? If they don't go back as far as you want them to you tell them to get back again. In a real situation, when someone asks you to get back, do you instantly complain that they didn't tell you how far to get back? Or that he wasn't clear enough by what he meant? "Where should I go back, sir?". Sorry, but I just can't fathom that happening.

You can think of plenty of examples? I'd like to hear a few, as I guarantee you that 100% of them could be resolved by telling the T to freeze, or ordering them to go directly to somewhere.
But that ain't the issue. You can solve all your problems by telling them to go to isolation or some other area. I just don't see any reason, apart from some guy being a smartass, to not be able to give these orders. Like I said, there are times when it's completely reasonable and there are times when it's unreasonable.

Also small note, in your example, the CT just has to stand inside armory till the door closes, then take the alternate route out by going through the awp window/catwalk.
I don't want to go out through the awp window. Why would I? I am a fucking prison guard, I can order the fucks around. Kinda the entire reason of PB is to try and role play.

It's pretty fucking crazy how smart people try to be to avoid orders. You used to be able to say "Take one step out of your cell" and it was kinda a given that you take a fucking step out of your cell and freeze. Now you need to shout out a fucking full length speech on all the regulations and what they can and can't do. It ruins the entire immersion.

• Content Count:  2589

1-Fairly certain that the people who can't "interpret" the rules are the ones that don't read them what so ever.

2-Why are you overly complicating things? If they don't go back as far as you want them to you tell them to get back again. In a real situation, when someone asks you to get back, do you instantly complain that they didn't tell you how far to get back? Or that he wasn't clear enough by what he meant? "Where should I go back, sir?". Sorry, but I just can't fathom that happening.

3-But that ain't the issue. You can solve all your problems by telling them to go to isolation or some other area. I just don't see any reason, apart from some guy being a smartass, to not be able to give these orders. Like I said, there are times when it's completely reasonable and there are times when it's unreasonable.

4-I don't want to go out through the awp window. Why would I? I am a fucking prison guard, I can order the fucks around. Kinda the entire reason of PB is to try and role play.

5-It's pretty fucking crazy how smart people try to be to avoid orders. You used to be able to say "Take one step out of your cell" and it was kinda a given that you take a fucking step out of your cell and freeze. Now you need to shout out a fucking full length speech on all the regulations and what they can and can't do. It ruins the entire immersion.

1- People don't read half the time. And the more simple the rules, the better. Not allowing get back covers every situation and flat out not allowing it stops any problems.

2-I'm not overly complicating anything. I'm telling you exactly what's going to happen, since I actually know how our server works. You're going to have a CT say get back, a T take a few steps back, and the CT shoot him for not going back far enough. You know have a whole situation and it's all avoided by not allowing "get back".

3- So you agree? Just saying "go here" solves whatever reason you have to say get back? I understand there are reasonable times and unreasonable times, but that's an unnecessary gray line to have.

4- Which brings me back to point 3. If you don't want to go through awp window, then order them to freeze or to go to big cage or something. Honestly didn't think I had to specify that, as I literally just made the point but apparently not.

5- which your lack of actually playing really shows here as that really isn't a major issue anymore as CTs are mostly back to saying take one step out. We've, for the most part weeded out the whole panther step, jump step etc.

Basically your entire point boils down to lazy CT work. Rather than saying "freeze" or "go to medic" you'd rather just say "get back". It's really a non issue here as the same results you get from "get back" can be accomplished by other means.

• Like 2

3- So you agree? Just saying "go here" solves whatever reason you have to say get back? I understand there are reasonable times and unreasonable times, but that's an unnecessary gray line to have.
No. Pretty sure it was really easy to get as well from the way I wrote it.

5- which your lack of actually playing really shows here as that really isn't a major issue anymore as CTs are mostly back to saying take one step out. We've, for the most part weeded out the whole panther step, jump step etc.
It happens every time I play.

Basically your entire point boils down to lazy CT work. Rather than saying "freeze" or "go to medic" you'd rather just say "get back". It's really a non issue here as the same results you get from "get back" can be accomplished by other means.
I don't think I even need to explain the difference (re-reading what I said previously, I kinda did but whatever) of "go back" and "go to medic" (or any other order).

Other than that I've kinda already said what I wanted to say.

• Content Count:  3462

I appreciate the passion and understandable arguments, but I am not going to change this for the time being. Please if you'd like to continue this do it on your own accord somewhere else. I consider all suggestions but at this time I or @Wawa aren't changing this.

Thanks for posting your passionate responses.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11501

I know this thread is closed, but I'd still like to say my piece on it (my first post I was still half-asleep, so didn't really feel like typing a lengthy post).

Vy has it completely dead on. If I'm being following by a group of 6 T's, my first instinct is to say 'Get Back' or 'Stop following me' or '(Insert T name if it's one) stop.' No, it isn't my fault as a CT that I'm cornered. That doesn't even make sense as a viable argument; using that logic I can say 'Well we shouldn't kill them for being in the armory, since it's our fault they got in there'. It's perfectly understandable that sometimes, as a CT, shit happens and you get into a situation you don't want to be in. If I'm being followed, saying 'Get back' and 'Stop following me' is not a damn distance order. A distance order is me telling them to remain '5 feet away from me'. The logic behind saying 'No distance orders' is that there is absolutely no way you can measure out 5 real ft. versus 5 counter strike ft.

I personally disagree with 'Get back' in that situation being a distance order. If it's a rule then it's a rule, but I'd like Nuclear and Wawa to consider removing that. I'd be curious to see what a poll would come up with (not sure if there's been one or not), but ultimately the decision is up to you guys.

I play a decent amount...I'm not on 24/7, but I like to get on for a few hours a week on PB. I get on at random times, varying from a full server to 10 people on the server, and I have never, ever experienced what you are saying in this quote...at least not in a long time. It is always blurting out full paragraphs of orders to make sure people can't be dumb asses and get around my rules. Tbh I think Vy has this spot on, in this thread.

I'll give anyone $50 if you can get onto a server and logically convince me that 'Get back' is a distance order. But that's my 2 cents for this thread. Whether or not is changed is up to those two. I'm just going to be a douchebag and tell them all to freeze continuously if they start closing in on me for some reason.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread