? servers

? players online

Free day as lr

• Content Count:  1421

When was it ever "legal" to kill a prisoner when their freeday LR is accepted?

Someone please pull up a chair and explain this to me.

If the T dosent specify how long the freeday should last the T can be killed right when the freeday starts. (For example a T asks for a freeday LR, he does not specify how long it will last so the T starts his freeday, then gets headshot by the CT, technically speaking, the T had his freeday and the LR has ended.)

Now, if a T asks for a freeday FOR THE REST OF THE ROUND and the CT kills the T at the start, its a freekill.

Its like asking to go to medic for your LR, right when you get there, your killed unless you say for the rest of the round or a specific time.

• Content Count:  2589

When was it ever "legal" to kill a prisoner when their freeday LR is accepted?

Someone please pull up a chair and explain this to me.

"What's your LR?" -CT

"Freeday" -T

"Okay" -CT

*ct waits a few seconds or however long he wishes*

"Okay you had your freeday" *kills T*

By all technicalities this is "legal". It's a major dick move, but as the rules currently stand, the CT did not break any rule. The technical part here is the T not specifying that he wanted to have his freeday until the round time hit 0:00. I understand how some people will understand that asking for a freeday means the rest of the round, not just 5 seconds or however long, but you'll have to also understand how some people will not assume the same. Like I said, it's all about technicalities.

For what it is worth, I agree the CT was a dick for doing so, and I'm all for either not allowing it, or straight up not allowing freeday LRs completely.

I don't know if I've gone completely senile yet but, my memory tells me that there was a thread somewhere in which we had already discussed this same exact thing and came to a consensus on the matter after a while.

You're probably thinking of the freeday next round discussion.

• Like 1

I think we should make freeday LRs against the rules, most of the time they delay the round when accepted. They also cause new players killed because when someone dosent know what an LR is most of the time a douche bag CT will recommend a freeday, then kill the player immediately leaving the new player confused and probably unhappy.

• Content Count:  3740

When a freeday is requested, it is IMPLIED to last for the rest of the round, just like when a CT gives a freeday order, it is IMPLIED to last until the end of the round or until a CT revokes the freeday. It's a freeDAY after all. If you guys need an official rule on this, fine, we can throw in another JB rule to patch up stupid loopholes like this.

And that's exactly what this is, a loophole to the rules, because clearly the only reason why this situation exists is for CTs to trick Ts into getting killed, which is not okay. Because why would a prisoner want their LR to be a freeday that lasts for only a few seconds if not specified? Obviously they want a freeday for the rest of the round. Are we going to start killing prisoners for requesting s4s as their LR if they don't specify that they want to do s4s until someone dies? Are we going to start killing prisoners for requesting gun toss as their LR if they don't specify that the winner gets to kill the loser? Of course not, but apparently it's okay to kill prisoners who want a freeday as their LR because they didn't specify that they want it to last for the remainder of the round, which is a total bullshit excuse to justify a freekill.

Yes, we don't have in-depth specifics pertaining to Last Request rules yet, but that will change soon. Until then, it is absolutely not okay to kill a prisoner who is granted a general freeday LR.

• Like 6

When a freeday is requested, it is IMPLIED to last for the rest of the round, just like when a CT gives a freeday order, it is IMPLIED to last until the end of the round or until a CT revokes the freeday. It's a freeDAY after all. If you guys need an official rule on this, fine, we can throw in another JB rule to patch up stupid loopholes like this.

And that's exactly what this is, a loophole to the rules, because clearly the only reason why this situation exists is for CTs to trick Ts into getting killed, which is not okay. Because why would a prisoner want their LR to be a freeday that lasts for only a few seconds if not specified? Obviously they want a freeday for the rest of the round. Are we going to start killing prisoners for requesting s4s as their LR if they don't specify that they want to do s4s until someone dies? Are we going to start killing prisoners for requesting gun toss as their LR if they don't specify that the winner gets to kill the loser? Of course not, but apparently it's okay to kill prisoners who want a freeday as their LR because they didn't specify that they want it to last for the remainder of the round, which is a total bullshit excuse to justify a freekill.

Yes, we don't have in-depth specifics pertaining to Last Request rules yet, but that will change soon. Until then, it is absolutely not okay to kill a prisoner who is granted a general freeday LR.

Thank you very much sir. Much appreciated

• Content Count:  1612

EDIT: Wawa posted while I was writing this. Look above for official word. :larry:

So i dont remeber if an admin told me this or a player told me this but some guy said if they asked for fd as an lr and dont say for the rest of the round they can be killed right after ?

To be honest, I haven't been on JB for a while, but after joining back up this evening, and reviewing the rules via "!rules" there is a rule prohibiting "freeday next round" as an LR. I'm assuming you mean someone given an LR of "freeday this round"/"freeday for the remainder of the round".

Again, I've been away from JB for a bit, and as such, I'm still reviewing newly added rules, and revamped rules since my absence; however, if someone is given an freeday LR for the remainder of the round, the ones involved in the agreement should specify a respectful time limit for the freeday instead of letting a prisoner have a freeday for a few seconds, then destroying him shortly afterwards. By being detailed with orders, last requests, and basically everything you say as a CT you can avoid people asking questions over the mic, and shortening problems you'll have as a CT.

Giving someone a freeday, then shortly killing them afterwards is a dick move, but the game must continue. Usually situations like that don't happen often, and die out shortly on the server, however, if I was online, and I witnessed it happen repeatedly, I would take action.

Long story short, don't be a dick and suggest "freeday this round" LR's, and then shoot them shortly afterwards. Instead, decline it, and do something else. Be smart about it, and avoid delaying the round. If you agree to the "freeday this round" LR, smartly agree on a respectable time limit, and try to make it entertaining for the dead. People get impatient when they are dead.

DISCLAIMER: This is my own personal opinion on the matter, not a rule. Do not claim this as an office rule.

Edited by SL4DE
Wawa beat me to the punch, had to give credit.

• Content Count:  2579

Last time I posted that rules were not clear, there was holes and people abused them to trick prisonners, I was called a new player that, like everyone, comes here and complain that the server is different. Now that people agree with this, we can finally have change. Thank you!

• Content Count:  3740

Last time I posted that rules were not clear, there was holes and people abused them to trick prisonners, I was called a new player that, like everyone, comes here and complain that the server is different. Now that people agree with this, we can finally have change. Thank you!

I encourage you or anyone else to message me or Onion when there's a loophole being used to get around the rules. I apologize if we ignored you last time.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.