? servers

? players online

Ruining Admin Disguise?

• Content Count:  174

I've seen this happening lately, I have seen this happening lately.

I'm not naming people, but recently I've seen this happen SOO many times. (Not saying I never did this, but I have done it on accident.)

I see this happen almost everytime now.

I see an admin come in in disguise, for example @Senpai

Senpai is named :larry:

Everyone calls ":larry:" Senpai.

Like come on guys. The admin is renamed for a reason. I swear there used to be a punishment for giving away an admin disguise. (A kick..?)

Can we please do something about this? I'm not an admin, but sometimes there is a free killer and the admins get called out.

My point is, is/can there be a punishment for giving away an admin disguise away?

Edited by Dominik
Grammar.

• Content Count:  659

We had a discussion on this in the admin section and the common consensus was that there wasn't really anything we could do because it's not breaking any rules. In the end, if an admin is trying to catch rule breaker and someone calls out his disguise it only hurts the players, not the admin.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  6759

Am I the only one who thinks there should be a rule then?

It's really not fair to make this a rule. Just because our covers are blown doesn't mean we should be punishing those that are either excited or relieved to see an admin on to deal with rule breakers. If those players are not breaking the rules in the first place then I don't see it's fair to punish them for wanting to get rid of rule breakers. Like Ghost said, it hurts the players more than it hurts the admins. The only positive outcomes to this situation are that the offender stops once an admin's cover is blown or if the repeated offender continues and gets punished by the admin in the end.

I'm just gonna throw this here:

It was and will never be a rule to punish a player for realizing who you are while undercover. Onion has a very good point when it comes to players who give you away, if they're able to figure out who you are (despite your numerous attempts at hiding yourself) then it's their loss. The player who was rulebreaking now knows there's an admin and will stop and not get punished, let players learn from their mistakes that way. Don't punish the player instead, that just seems ridiculous. They're not breaking rules by greeting you.
  • Like 3
Edited by Black Rain
typo

Reply to Thread