? servers

? players online

asking a T in prison break to stop knifing

• Content Count:  1421

I've always thought you could since you are constantly asked to START knifing in Simon says and if you stop then you die. The only rule that could conflict with this is reasonable orders rules, but I think telling a T to not knife is pretty reasonable.

• Content Count:  2589

I've always thought you could since you are constantly asked to START knifing in Simon says and if you stop then you die

Eh, not fond of that line of thinking. That's in a death game and shouldn't apply the same logic to regular scenarios.

Regardless I agree with the rest. I see no reason why you couldn't tell a t to stop knifing, as long as you're reasonable about it. Meaning don't tell them to stop knifing with 3 mins left in the game, then shoot them with 30 secs left in the game if they knife again.

• Content Count:  6466

I don't claim to know PB rules to a T. @Nuclear Onion @Wawa

However, I think asking a T to stop knifing (Say you're trying to move past them in a small hallway or climb something a T is standing near) is reasonable and should be allowed.

• Content Count:  2589

Hmm I would agree with @BloodyKiller but I feel as this gets to some gray territory of rules,not sure why but it just seems a bit iffy

Tbh the only gray area I can think of would be the rule about reasonable orders. But there's really nothing unreasonable about telling a T to stop knifing. Now, that doesn't mean CTs should start telling them to stop knifing all the time just for the hell of it, for example like Xeno said there are some instances where telling them to stop knifing is very reasonable. And if you think about it, you've always been allowed to tell a T to stop knifing a vent.

Out of curiosity @Hellobby what spurred this question? Assuming something happened on the server.

• Content Count:  6466

Tbh the only gray area I can think of would be the rule about reasonable orders. But there's really nothing unreasonable about telling a T to stop knifing. Now, that doesn't mean CTs should start telling them to stop knifing all the time just for the hell of it, for example like Xeno said there are some instances where telling them to stop knifing is very reasonable. And if you think about it, you've always been allowed to tell a T to stop knifing a vent.

Out of curiosity @Hellobby what spurred this question? Assuming something happened on the server.

I know yesterday when I was playing, Bubblez was telling a T to stop knifing because he was going to try and move closer to check something and the T was swinging his knife all around. The T then said he can't tell him to stop knifing and Bubblez wasn't sure if that was actually a rule but just let it slide anyways and didn't keep ordering him to stop knifing.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2262

I know yesterday when I was playing, Bubblez was telling a T to stop knifing because he was going to try and move closer to check something and the T was swinging his knife all around. The T then said he can't tell him to stop knifing and Bubblez wasn't sure if that was actually a rule but just let it slide anyways and didn't keep ordering him to stop knifing.

an order is an order, but players in PB tend to think they can do what they want as long as it is not "written rules". For example, players goes like "YOU NEVER SAID NO JUMPING", "YOU NEVER SAID I CAN'T RUN", "YOU NEVER SAID I CAN'T X", "FREEKILL, YOU NEED TO WARNING SHOT" "you never said BE INSIDE" as he was running around the big cage when was told "go to big cage"

Reply to Thread