? servers

? players online

Questions for TTT

• Content Count:  5678

I've always been confused about T baiting since one day on TTT. @Caution did a bit of T baiting and I killed him, I assumed he was confused so I said "You T baited." and he said "It isn't against the rules". So yeah I've always been under the assumption that it isn't against the rules.

I'm not sure if @XeNo's question was answered outside of the thread but I'd really like an answer on that. :d

• Content Count:  11501

I've always been confused about T baiting since one day on TTT. @Caution did a bit of T baiting and I killed him, I assumed he was confused so I said "You T baited." and he said "It isn't against the rules". So yeah I've always been under the assumption that it isn't against the rules.

Yeah but you're missing the point: I don't punish people for killing me for T baiting. Never ever ever have, and if I see an admin trying to slay someone for killing me because I T baited, I tell them not to. T baiting is NOT listed in the rules as 'not allowed' under punishment of admin protocol, just that you can get killed for it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3462

Apologies for the lack of answers, past couple days been a bit of an overload for me + haven't really gotten a chance to talk to Retro, anyways I'll answer this.

@R3TROATTACK @Nuclear Onion

Perhaps you two can clear something up for me since I have been wondering this for awhile though it was never a big deal so I haven't had reason to enforce it or whatever:

T baiting is considered something you can get shot for so you pretty much do it at your own risk and if someone shoots you for it, you have no rights to shoot them back/kill them/etc. It's just that you fucked up T baiting around the wrong people and now have to get yourself out of it or die for it and its your own fault, yes? I know in Gmod TTT if someone was T baiting on purpose as a Innocent and someone shot them for it, mostly out of understanding, the guy T baiting didn't shoot back and just said, "Whoa whoa I was kidding! I was kidding!" or whatever. However, in the end they understood it was their own fault.

Pretty much like it was in GMOD TTT, it really doesn't actually need to be enforced nor should it be. Caution pointed it out well that it's just something you could get killed for, not something an admin would actually punish for. You could perhaps consider the punishment being the T baiter getting shot in the end.

Also in Gmod TTT, in the situation that Roux describes, that's grounds for KOS if you get caught in a lie like saying you're proven innocent when you get found out that you aren't. So that is not KOS?

I personally would feel this should KOS, that would be because the person is literally manipulating their way to be taken off the radar of possibilities on being a T. If you're an innocent, you shouldn't have to go out of your way to get proven, if you are lying then you shouldn't be just deemed as 'super suspicious' since you are clearly lying over something crucial to the gameplay.

Below this sentence is just my personal opinion on the matter, not fact at this time.

The first question should really be answered as situational. For example, if I just randomly kid around and say "Yeah I'm totally proven and all so please don't shoot me" then that should be left alone, for in the end it's all fun and joking and doesn't actually impact the game as long as you clarify that you're joking. But if you perhaps do something like Roux's situation, then perhaps you should be killed, but it's all very situational. In the end, it could just be better to stay safe and not kill him.

However, Retro and I are at a bit of a disagreement with each other here, hence why I didn't make an official statement on this yet. I need to converse with him again on it, I'll try to get with him tonight. Standby whenever I get him and I discussing this again for an actual statement on the matter rather than my opinion.

Reply to Thread