? servers

? players online

warning shots with an awp

• Content Count:  742

You're basically implying that making complaints about freekillers abusing their bad aim or "bad aim" is better than directly fixing the source of trouble by adding a specific rule. I understand your point Hobos, but I feel like we shouldn't be using complaints as a crutch that much. Whatever you guys decide to do, I'l understand but I'm just stating my opinion,

As someone who has used an AWP to warning shot before with absolute no problems, I feel as if you're taking away the freedom of choice, its not my call to change the rule or not but its balancing the freedom (not the necessity) of doing so versus simply not allowing it for anyone at all. This is a game after all and its meant to be fun, not so slashed up with rules you have to break them to use the weapon you want in a shooting game. That's just my opinion it as well, and I get where you're coming from (as someone who has been on the receiving end of many, many bad 'warning' shots), but in the end its a game and you're there to have fun, if stuff happens, it happens, but I just don't feel as if restricting weapons is the way to go.

• Content Count:  2579

As someone who has used an AWP to warning shot before with absolute no problems, I feel as if you're taking away the freedom of choice, its not my call to change the rule or not but its balancing the freedom (not the necessity) of doing so versus simply not allowing it for anyone at all. This is a game after all and its meant to be fun, not so slashed up with rules you have to break them to use the weapon you want in a shooting game. That's just my opinion it as well, and I get where you're coming from (as someone who has been on the receiving end of many, many bad 'warning' shots), but in the end its a game and you're there to have fun, if stuff happens, it happens, but I just don't feel as if restricting weapons is the way to go.

Well, you know what they say about freedom.

One person's freedom ends where another's begins.

Is your "I want an AWP" freedom stomping over the innocent rdm victims' freedom? I don't play guard much, but I know I'd never pick AWPs, for the simple reason of accidents. I know I'm kind-hearted and I would slay myself, but I'd still feel bad knowing I ruined someone's 5 minutes for nothing. I'm also here to have fun, and getting killed and making accidents happen doesn't seem fun to me. I prefer safety rather than dealing with problems later. Of course, I know that the AWP problem isn't anything really major *cough* LR rules *cough*, but I think it's still a thing that could make the server a better place, friendlier environment for new players.

Then again, that's just my opinion.

• Content Count:  2589

Well, you know what they say about freedom.

One person's freedom ends where another's begins.

Is your "I want an AWP" freedom stomping over the innocent rdm victims' freedom? I don't play guard much, but I know I'd never pick AWPs, for the simple reason of accidents. I know I'm kind-hearted and I would slay myself, but I'd still feel bad knowing I ruined someone's 5 minutes for nothing. I'm also here to have fun, and getting killed and making accidents happen doesn't seem fun to me. I prefer safety rather than dealing with problems later. Of course, I know that the AWP problem isn't anything really major *cough* LR rules *cough*, but I think it's still a thing that could make the server a better place, friendlier environment for new players.

Then again, that's just my opinion.

over the innocent rdm victims' freedom

I'd like to point out, that if you're being warning shot, you aren't innocent.

Warning shots are gun shots that do between 1 and 99 damage.

It it does suck to get warning shot for 80 something damage, but then again its avoided but not placing yourself in the position to get warning shot in the first place. I know accidents happen and you sometimes accidentally put yourself in position to get warning shot, but still.

As Onion said

Establishing a new rule for this really is not needed for it's really silly to make a rule for specifically not using the AWP for warning shots, we might as well make it so you have to make it a certain damage for a warning shot or make it so you have to have a specific amount of warning shots before getting killed. It's just way too technical, even if people are being assholes about it. Yes it is a dick move, but in the end they have to abide by the damage, and if they fuck up and shoot them in the chest because they were cocky then they should slay themselves.

If someone is constantly freekilling by 'accident' when warning shooting with an AWP (this mind you requires them to do 100 damage), get an admin on the server or record it and make a complaint via forums here.

If someone goes to warning shot you, and does more than 99 damage, its a free kill (assuming the given situation requires a warning shot) and they should be slain. Kind hearted or not, the CT should either slay himself, or be slain. If someone continues to do this , they should be punished just like any other free killer.

Edit: Also why the hell are we getting philosophical about freedom..we're talking about a video game, and mind you a video game mode based on prison, where freedom goes out the window.

• Like 1
Edited by Goku

• Content Count:  2579

I'd like to point out, that if you're being warning shot, you aren't innocent.

It it does suck to get warning shot for 80 something damage, but then again its avoided but not placing yourself in the position to get warning shot in the first place. I know accidents happen and you sometimes accidentally put yourself in position to get warning shot, but still.

As Onion said

If someone goes to warning shot you, and does more than 99 damage, its a free kill (assuming the given situation requires a warning shot) and they should be slain. Kind hearted or not, the CT should either slay himself, or be slain. If someone continues to do this , they should be punished just like any other free killer.

Edit: Also why the hell are we getting philosophical about freedom..we're talking about a video game, and mind you a video game mode based on prison, where freedom goes out the window.

When I say innocent victim, I'm talking about those missed warning shots, that goes in the stomach. But like it I said,the problem is nothing major, but it's still something.

Also, idk ahy we talking philosophical either,I just had to answer in a classy way to look like someone who totally knew what he was talking about xd.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.