? servers

? players online

Getting Away from News (Opinion)

• Content Count:  130

I don't know if this is just me but I feel like we're constantly being bombarded with all these horrible stories across the world from news sources and we really aren't used to this mass media of constant sorrow and information that won't affect us in any way (Most of us). My proposition is to just unplug from the news for a while, your lil' ol' heart can only take so much, give it some breathing time. :love_heart:

• Content Count:  1401

Or do what I do, don't look for new on Twitter, Facebook or other social media.

Go for proper news sources.

With the amount of news that you get on social media its just way too unorganized. Most of the things on social media isn't even well analysed and blown out of proportion. I get people want to be up to date with the news, but its often more usefull to wait for it.

So you can see/read the entire story at once, when its like properly analysed and filtered from unnecessary stuff that only gives bias to the correct story.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2589

Or do what I do, don't look for new on Twitter, Facebook or other social media.

Go for proper news sources.

With the amount of news that you get on social media its just way too unorganized. Most of the things on social media isn't even well analysed and blown out of proportion. I get people want to be up to date with the news, but its often more usefull to wait for it.

So you can see/read the entire story at once, when its like properly analysed and filtered from unnecessary stuff that only gives bias to the correct story.

Social media is an excellent way to keep up with recent news as long as you tailor it properly. Have to make sure you're following credible sources and not just a bunch of random rumor accounts.

• Content Count:  1612

Bad news is a lot more popular than good news unfortunately. It sells more advertising. Bad news and fear is more popular then anything good nowadays.

But, we need a lot more good news.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1719

Didn't watch TV for years, never felt so free.

Same I haven't watched TV for years with the exception of some small things like the eurovision and one time things with friends and family. TV is really just a dead medium among us young, it will probably die out along with the current elderly generation in competition with the internet and things like it where you get to choose your own content and what to watch/do.

I don't really see any benefit ti TV over the internet outside of the nice feeling of sitting down with family and friends to watch something like football every once in a while :-)

• Like 1

Reply to Thread