? servers

? players online

CTs camping

• Content Count:  2579

Hello fellow jailbreaker.

I've been wondering for a whilte why armoury camping was the only specific type of camping that was very restricted.

In Garry's Mod for exemple, many servers included every KOS areas into the "armoury camping" thing. This means a CT (usually the last) cannot camp any KOS area for no reason. I see a lot of CTs camping vents to easily farm kills on the last prisonners, or just to make sure they can shoot anyone who's in front of them. I don't know why this isn't a part of our rules and I'd like to know if it had ever been a discussion before.

My second point stands on camping medic as a CT. On some maps like Vip or razor, medic is hard to access and is easily camp-able by a player. On razor, the medic beds heal for a drastic amount of 25hp/s, which is a lot, enough to resist ANY attempt of wallbanging. Anyone with a decent aim can simply farm kills at the entrance if he's last alive.

I'd love to see your opinions on those two points. Thank you!

• Content Count:  2589

Camping is allowed in general as long as you are helping your team. That's left up to some lose interpretation for a good reason.

For example, let's take razor. The order is all Ts be in pool. If the Ts are accounted for, and a CT is just camping in medic, that would not be allowed as he's not helping his team. Same applies to if he's camping in the armory vent.

Now let's flip that, the Ts are rebelling and a CT is camping medic. However he's shooting out of medic and killing rebelling Ts then healing. That is allowed since he is helping his team. Same applies to the armory vent.

To use a different map, take one like clouds. If the order is for all Ts to be at soccer or pool and the Ts aren't rebelling, a CT camping the one way box at spawn isn't allowed since he isn't helping his team.

The official stance I always tell people is that CTs may camp, if they are helping the team. Doesn't matter where the tent is pitched, as long as they are contributing. Same applies to last CT. Last CT may camp if he's enforcing orders and taking out rebels.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  703

The official stance I always tell people is that CTs may camp, if they are helping the team. Doesn't matter where the tent is pitched, as long as they are contributing. Same applies to last CT. Last CT may camp if he's enforcing orders and taking out rebels.

I feel like there's a gray area here that I want to address, how much time between kills is considered camping? Like if a last ct is camping and he kills a T just out of sheer luck that the T found him but the other T's can't find him and he's still camping there, do we slay or is he doing his job since he killed a T.

• Content Count:  742

I feel like there's a gray area here that I want to address, how much time between kills is considered camping? Like if a last ct is camping and he kills a T just out of sheer luck that the T found him but the other T's can't find him and he's still camping there, do we slay or is he doing his job since he killed a T.

If the Ts know where he is and are coming for him, that's fine, but if they don't and he kills one out of sheer luck as you say but doesn't keep moving afterwards to patrol or enforce orders, that's when you warn him, slap him up, maybe beacon him, and if he still doesn't do anything, slay him. As far as how long afterwards, it shouldn't honestly take him that long, use your own judgement, it should always be under a reasonable time frame.

• Content Count:  2589

Your point pretty answered me. Even if not clearly written in the rules, camping must be motivated and/or contributing to the team.

While not in the !rules plugin, it does say here that "CT's may camp if it helps their team". Which to my knowledge, has always been the ruling. It also says that exact wording in the MOTD.

As for the last CT alive, is KOS camping allowed?

Not 100% sure what you mean here. Not sure if its where the last CT camps in one place and just kills anyone he sees, or as souce suggested and more likely, where the last CT says "no medic" then camps inside medic and KOS any T that steps into medic.

Honestly, as hobos said, I would treat each of those situations depending on how exactly they are playing out. If the Ts are actively trying to kill him in the area he restricted, and he's clearly attempting to kill the rebels, that's fine. But if he just camps in the corner of say soccer, and the Ts are chilling in pool while he does nothing, then I would say something to him to tell him to stop delaying. The key part here is delaying. "last CT must not delay the round" is the exact wording of the rule. Just use common sense and your best judgement to determine if last Ct is delaying, and if so don't just straight up slay him, but try to get him to actually do something.

Edit: Souce just clarified for me. "kos camping is when you camp a kos area such as armory or a vent"

That brings me back around to the delaying part. If the CT, regardless of if he is last CT or not, is just camping armory or a vent, and isn't clearly enforcing the order or killing rebels, then he is not helping his team and/or delaying. Which again, just use proper judgment and communicate with the player to try to get him to stop.

• Like 5
Edited by Goku

• Content Count:  2262

Honestly, as hobos said, I would treat each of those situations depending on how exactly they are playing out. If the Ts are actively trying to kill him in the area he restricted, and he's clearly attempting to kill the rebels, that's fine. But if he just camps in the corner of say soccer, and the Ts are chilling in pool while he does nothing, then I would say something to him to tell him to stop delaying. The key part here is delaying. "last CT must not delay the round" is the exact wording of the rule. Just use common sense and your best judgement to determine if last Ct is delaying, and if so don't just straight up slay him, but try to get him to actually do something.

Edit: Souce just clarified for me. "kos camping is when you camp a kos area such as armory or a vent"

That brings me back around to the delaying part. If the CT, regardless of if he is last CT or not, is just camping armory or a vent, and isn't clearly enforcing the order or killing rebels, then he is not helping his team and/or delaying. Which again, just use proper judgment and communicate with the player to try to get him to stop.

Beacon with one slap after warning works most of the time. Most of them claim that they already gave the "freeday no x area" order so they were no delaying, which in my opinion is an excuse to delay and get kills as safe as possible.

• Content Count:  235

Camping is allowed in general as long as you are helping your team. That's left up to some lose interpretation for a good reason.

For example, let's take razor. The order is all Ts be in pool. If the Ts are accounted for, and a CT is just camping in medic, that would not be allowed as he's not helping his team. Same applies to if he's camping in the armory vent.

Now let's flip that, the Ts are rebelling and a CT is camping medic. However he's shooting out of medic and killing rebelling Ts then healing. That is allowed since he is helping his team. Same applies to the armory vent.

To use a different map, take one like clouds. If the order is for all Ts to be at soccer or pool and the Ts aren't rebelling, a CT camping the one way box at spawn isn't allowed since he isn't helping his team.

I agree with @Goku, as long as your helping your team, it should be allowed and camping a vent related to the order area in my opinion is fine but if the order is kitchen and you're on pool well you're doing your job wrong

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.