? players online

Who was right?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who was right?

• The T cheated and deserved death
    • The CT freekilled and derserves slay

"Rocket" Gun Toss

• Content Count:  678

T survives to the end of the round, is granted an LR. The LR chosen is Gun Toss. T says CT goes first, and does. The T goes second, and knifes the gun out of the air. CT kills T for cheating the LR.

Who is the right party here? Is "rocket tossing" allowed?

I believe Rocket Toss and Gun Toss should be two different Deathgames. However thats not the question, post clarification below.

• Content Count:  2579

Just to share my 2cents.. "No cheating" is not automatically applied to any order, or LR, unless stated otherwise.

I've never heard a CT clarify no cheating. If a T shoots twice in a shot for shot lr, he is accounted as a rebel and can be killed. You don't need to clarify that.

The question here is if rocket tossing is cheating.

• Content Count:  422

I would not count this as cheating. He's not doing anything that would count him KOS. He would have to be more specific in the order "No Cheating," because anything could count as cheating like bunny hopping. But by saying no cheating, that's basically saying no rebelling. It's too general to actually enforce anything. In my opinion, the CT needs to be more specific with is orders. However AOs might give a better viewpoint. @Goku @Wawa

Edited by ItzMiLK

• Content Count:  3740

The way I see it, in Gun Toss the CT and prisoner THROW their gun as far as possible off a ledge. So it's not implied that it's okay to shoot or knife a gun in Gun Toss.

However, there is no rule where cheating automatically makes a prisoner KOS (unless the cheating results in rebelling). The prisoner should have been warning shot for delaying their LR, not killed.

• Content Count:  8

Let's be real Ender. I said "I want to do Guntoss, I go first." Then you tossed yours, and I rocket tossed mine. I then got given another gun by you, and shot you, for I won the GT. Neither side said "no rocket tossing", just like no bunnyhopping wasn't said, neither was "no strafing", or any other hyper-specific modifiers to the LR that I'd normally give depending on who I'm going against.

Rocket-Tossing may be considered "cheating", but I didn't specify "no cheating", and as it was my LR, a CT can't tell me what I can and can't do during it, so if I don't say no RT, then RT is allowed, but if I say no RT, then RT isn't allowed. :biggrin:

On a side note:

I've never heard a CT clarify no cheating. If a T shoots twice in a shot for shot lr, he is accounted as a rebel and can be killed. You don't need to clarify that.

The question here is if rocket tossing is cheating.

Actually, if a T shoots twice during a S4S LR, typically the S4S CT is the one who kills the T, so for the T cheating, the CT cheats. I don't see the T as a rebel, just a cheater, and alls fair at that point.

Edited by Nyanners

• Content Count:  422

I could add a little more background to this story. Immediately after rocket tossing pistol, the T proceeded to pick another pistol and shoot at a CT.

Shooting a CT is automatically KOS, along with just simply pointing a in at a guard. If the CT said no cheating it could've been because he was just shocked and misspooken. So the T could've been killed for shooting a CT.

• Content Count:  678

I just feel like these are things that shouldn't need to be said, similar to how the Olofpass was. It's an unfair ace in the sleeve that ensures one side will win. The game is rigged.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.