? servers

? players online

Need travel advice please

• Content Count:  1385

Do people really drink tap water? I've always found it a bit weird.

Good luck though James. Have fun! :d

In most countries drinking tap water is the same as drinking bottled water.

@James Don't forget your passport, ID card. Might seem like shit obvious advice though I'd need more than my two hands to count the many times that people have forgotten those.

Do not keep your passport with your wallet. Try to keep them separate and keep your passport safe. My friend got her wallet stolen with her ID card so she had quite a lot of trouble.

Don't leave luggage and any stuff you bring alone unsupervised. If you check out of the hotel and want to travel around town a bit ask if you can keep the luggage in the lounge or if they can keep an eye on it.

Always have some money separate. In a sock or something.

Buy some condoms, you don't want surprises 9 months down the line.

I suggest bringing some vodka/alcohol with you. A small bottle is fine. Something you can take on the plane with you.

Ibuprofen for headaches and so on. Not sure how trustworthy the pharmacies in Mexico are.

If you have very generic baggage put something on it so you can spot it easily and other people don't take it mistaking it for theirs. Guess this is only needed if you check your baggage in.

Edited by Vy

• Content Count:  5381

In most countries drinking tap water is the same as drinking bottled water.

While this is true of most developed countries we're specifically talking about a country with a track record of less than ideal water treatment practices.

Also, I realize this is completely hypocritical with the fairly recent findings in places like Flint, Michigan which is a completely different issue altogether.

Edit: Just realized the comment you were responding to was a general statement, sorry.

Edited by idealist

Reply to Thread