? servers

? players online

Questions about map specific KOS zones and random questions

• Content Count:  954

If we add so many anecdotes about where you can and can't stand and can and can't go the JB rules will be so clustered and maintaining them will basically be a full time fucking job for @Goku and @Wawa

The way we have it set up is so that you use your best discretion and orders on how to handle things. If you don't want someone on the boxes, tell them to get off the boxes. If you don't want someone in DJ booth, tell them to get out of DJ booth. If you don't want someone on that little lip of simon says pit, tell them to get off the fucking lip.

Also, ladders leading to catwalks leading to armory have never been Warning Shottable. Catwalks that don't lead to armory have never been KOS.

• Content Count:  2589

For awhile now stairs that lead to armory/catwalk have been considered part of the armory/catwalk and were KOS. Talked with Wawa and we're going to better define that as a better and more broad blanket statement.

Ladders/stairs are considered to be part of whatever they connect to.

This makes everyone's life easier as there is no more grey areas when dealing with ladders or stairs. So essentially if the staircase or ladder connects directly to armory, it is KOS. I'll also respond to every example you listed in OP.

First upon the list is the well played jb_vipinthemix, with three questionable areas. The first two are similar to each other, those being the stairways to main armory catwalk.

Yes, the stair case that leads to the top of sauna/catwalk is kos

jb_lego_jail: The blocks that lead to armory. They aren't a catwalk, or stairs to a catwalk, but might as well be. I suggest they become an automatic warning shot zone to be on top of them.

cb9ae0c072.png

Those blocks literally just exist. They are not a warning shot area or KOS area unless otherwise stated by CTs. The little lip that comes out of armory is KOS for obvious reasons.

This map features rooms that can be accessed by shooting a button. Now if a T draws and shoots said button, wouldn't that make them KOS? Are all of these areas "CT only" because you need a gun to open it? Here's a prime example:

2abc0cab9d.png

Pretty sure you can crouch jump through that window. Regardless just being in there isn't KOS or warning shotable.

Disco has the same idea going on:

ddebf950a1.png

Again, can go through window which is fine. That little speaker area is only KOS if they go inside the speaker.

The Simon Says pit has acted like the Big Cage for this map many times. It has this lip that is indented all the way around, allowing Ts to claim they are in pit. Do Ts need to have their head in the pit, or are just the feet fine, and what about the ramps?

30caa6b2e5.png

Those are essentially stairs, and are treated as part of the pit. CTs can still order them to be in the pit and not be on the platform. And the same goes for the edge.

Lastly, I was able to boost in soccer to the platform symmetrical to Tic-Tac-Toe. Is this an exploit? The mapper obviously never intended anyone to get here, but it has textures on top.

abd67ca35f.png

... ... ... being up there is fine. Unless it somehow gives you some unfair advantage, I don't care if people boost up there.

jb_razor: main cell/big cage has this ladder here:

3fc4d1417f.png

Ladder is part of the catwalk, KOS.

Also, is this box considered a CT only area? The only ways to this area, is the door with a button only on the inside, a CT only catwalk, a secret wall, and a secret teleport. So basically, if you are in this area, you took a KOS route, meaning to exist in here is punishable by death.

Also, if the area inside the walls is KOS, then is the ramp there KOS too?

f750d6619d.png

Yes its a CT area aka KOS.

jb_clouds: Only one KOS/WS (warning shot) grey area, and that is the area around CT tower after portal. Where do you warning shot here? Is any of these KOS?

b6545daf6d.png

For right now, assume no that that isn't an auto warning shot or KOS area. CTs can tell Ts not to be on there, but I'll confirm with Wawa later if he wants to keep that area as not KOS or if he wants to change it.

jb_renegade: This ladder seems like it would be a warning shot area, because it leads to a catwalk, and is 4 seconds away from armory.

7a2893ae84.png

That ladder is part of the catwalk so yes its KOS.

These blocks lead to another catwalk right into armory, a nearly same situation with the aforementioned ladder.

4872296d05.png

Same as lego blocks. Not KOS.

More questions will be added later as I go through them all!!!

Essentially now, take the knowledge that ladders and stairs are considered part of whatever they connect to, and apply that to your possible other questions.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  678

Ladders/stairs are considered to be part of whatever they connect to.

This single sentence just made me a happy camper. I may still update this thread with other "grey" areas as far as KOS zones.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.