? servers

? players online

Back to School? or off to work?

• Content Count:  108

So it's that time of year when all the students head back to school. Are you someone who is headed back to school, Middle school? High School? college? Or are you like me who is off to work? What are you headed back to? Are you looking forward to the new year or are you like me when I was in school and just hated that crap? lol. If you are off to work what do you do? Do you like what you do? I myself am a commercial HVAC Controls technician. Lets hear what you are doing. Also if you are out of school, do you have any memorable times when you were in school?

• Content Count:  2230

I'm in sixth form which is equivalent to college, however in the same place as your secondary school (high school). Taking A-levels in Mathematics, Physics, I.T and Finance.

As with most years (though this year most notably) the teachers treat you more and more like adults as you go up the school so that's always positive. I like the increased freedom, free periods, being able to leave school during the day, not taking English, not taking Spanish etc.

It's also decent having some new faces around school and the different clothing.

However as a whole I really haven't enjoyed myself much yet. It's as I expected really, but I generally don't enjoy school as much as others, nor as much as I used to when I was younger.

As with most years (though this year most notably) the teachers treat you more and more like adults as you go up the school so that's always positive. I like the increased freedom, free periods, being able to leave school during the day, not taking English, not taking Spanish etc.

This was definitely how college was for me. I had taken a break from college and went out into the world and started working and when I came back I looked at a majority of my teachers as if they were colleagues, calling them by there first names and talking to them as just normal people rather than teachers, and the great thing about it, they didnt mind at all.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4799

I am off to the military when october rolls around. Not sure what to expect. I guess it would be good to meet some new people.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would say high school was much better than college, I enjoy when things are clear and regimented. One thing I dont miss are the Russian classes :,) - I feel sorry for the teachers, russian classes are very unpopular and all half of the students could do by the end (after 6 years of russian classes) was read/write cyrillic and introduce themselves in broken russian. The most use I ever got out of that in life was being able to read signs in dayz and arma.

• Like 2
Edited by SilentGuns

The most use I ever got out of that in life was being able to read signs in dayz and arma.

lol, Wish I was able to, would have helped me a lot back when I used to play dayZ, instead I was lost majority of the time xD

I would say you guys are headed down some pretty successful paths.

• Content Count:  1719

I'm currently in what we call "advanced school" I guess it's highschool for u guys, I don't fuckin know. I'm 16, that should solve it.

Love my new school so far, pretty damn chill. Got a ton of new friends, barely any homework and lovely teachers. Norwegian schools have always been pretty damn chill. Never had to wear uniforms, call the teachers by their last names or anything. You pretty much just talk to your teacher as if she was your friend. I'm saying she, because all my teachers atm are female... Don't know why but my school somehow ended up being 80% girls. Not complaining

:lenny:

Anyway. I like how we have free hours, and the fact that the school is located downtown Oslo, which means I can literally do anything from eating lunch to going shopping in my free hours. Looking forward to next year, when I can start specializing a little deeper, and ditch Spanish. I hate spanish. No hablo espanol.

Only thing that sucks is that I got separated from my old friends :(

All my new friends live on the other side of the city, which kinds sucks...

Still love my old friends tho

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1612

So it's that time of year when all the students head back to school. Are you someone who is headed back to school, Middle school? High School? college? Or are you like me who is off to work? What are you headed back to? Are you looking forward to the new year or are you like me when I was in school and just hated that crap? lol. If you are off to work what do you do? Do you like what you do? I myself am a commercial HVAC Controls technician. Lets hear what you are doing. Also if you are out of school, do you have any memorable times when you were in school?

I'm an undercover cop that works in high schools to bust drug dealers.

[video=youtube_share;Ele_dj3ud38]

I'm military, shore, I do military things. I went to college for a bit, signed up to pay for the rest, and work on some military tech. My contract is almost finished, and I'm waiting to get out and go back to school on the GI bill.

I went to a community college for a bit. It was nothing special, kinda like high school, expect people didn't take their schooling seriously. College isn't like high school, you go the college because you decide to, not because you have to. Seems especially queer to waste your time pretending to do something your not. Then again, it was a small school, and in a pretty off area.

High school sucked, but the people were pretty cool. Not many stories I want to share publicly, but I'm just glad I didn't get anyone pregnant to be honest. It was my fear back then, and it is now.

Reply to Thread