? servers

? players online

TapaTalk

• Content Count:  1193

They are right ^. If by any chance you are on an apple device(not sure if you can do this on android). Just go to the main page for SG via Safari, and click the box with an arrow pointing upwards, and then click add to homescreen. That way it should show up as an app. I like doing it this way instead of using tapatalk because you can't view the shout box, donations, some posts, etc. Plus when you post it leaves a "sent from my iPhone using tapatalk" message on the bottom which is annoying.

• Content Count:  2589

They are right ^. If by any chance you are on an apple device(not sure if you can do this on android). Just go to the main page for SG via Safari, and click the box with an arrow pointing upwards, and then click add to homescreen. That way it should show up as an app. I like doing it this way instead of using tapatalk because you can't view the shout box, donations, some posts, etc. Plus when you post it leaves a "sent from my iPhone using tapatalk" message on the bottom which is annoying.

I always hate the "add to homescreen then it shows as an app". All its doing is making a shortcut. It still functions exactly the same as if you typed in the URL. And as for the "sent from blah blah" you can disable that. If you're viewing the forums on mobile, tapatalk is 1000x time better than a web browser.

• Like 1

I always hate the "add to homescreen then it shows as an app". All its doing is making a shortcut. It still functions exactly the same as if you typed in the URL. And as for the "sent from blah blah" you can disable that. If you're viewing the forums on mobile, tapatalk is 1000x time better than a web browser.

Meh you still can't see the shout box and some forum posts. When you add it to your homescreen you just have to deal with zooming in, which I don't have a problem with.

• Content Count:  2589

Meh you still can't see the shout box and some forum posts. When you add it to your homescreen you just have to deal with zooming in, which I don't have a problem with.

Shout box is a loss, but not that big of a concern for myself. Might be for some others. You can see every forum post that you have access to. Only limitation is some styles don't display right, such as black letters or struck through text. And again, adding it to your homescreen does literally nothing other than make it a shortcut for safari to open that page up. Our site isn't that mobile friendly and when it comes to viewing/posting tapatalk is by far better than mobile browser.

• Like 1

Shout box is a loss, but not that big of a concern for myself. Might be for some others. You can see every forum post that you have access to. Only limitation is some styles don't display right, such as black letters or struck through text. And again, adding it to your homescreen does literally nothing other than make it a shortcut for safari to open that page up. Our site isn't that mobile friendly and when it comes to viewing/posting tapatalk is by far better than mobile browser.

Well I guess it just depends on taste. I personally prefer the shortcut. :d

Reply to Thread