? servers

? players online

Question about demos in CS:GO

• Content Count:  202

So I thought it would be nice to record a demo of the scrim game I was in yesterday and post the highlights of the game, maybe make that a regular thing if people liked it. However, I'm just realizing now that a demo is literally just from the recorder's point of view, so I can't switch between different players to get their kills from their point of view. Does anyone know how to record so that I'm able to go back and view from anyone's POV?

Pretty sure you can bring up a menu during a demo to fly about and see anything on the map.

or... spec_allow_roaming 1 in console.

Tried a bunch of commands, including spec_allow_roaming 1. Did nothing. From what I've gathered online there seems to be demos, which is only from one player's POV, and then replays which records everyone. I could be wrong though, it was tough to find information on this. Maybe I'm just missing something.

Try and press SHIFT + F2 when watching the demo. I've never tried in CS:GO to be honest, works in CS:S though.

That just brings up the playback module. Tried with it on and off, still nothing.

• Content Count:  2589

Demo is just what you see. It captures whatever you see and hear. This includes not recording your own voice unless you have loopback enabled.

As for the replays, can't help you on that one.

@Goku @Frosty so apparently in order to switch between different people you need a GOTV demo (some people call it replay I guess) which is server controlled. If you go through matchmaking it automatically does it and you can retrieve it. However, for SG's scrim server I think it would need to be enabled if it already isn't.

So now I'll ask, can this be enabled if hasn't been already and can the demos be released to the community? @Black Rain @Vick

I think it would be nice for the community and could promote scrim some more.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6759

@Goku @Frosty so apparently in order to switch between different people you need a GOTV demo (some people call it replay I guess) which is server controlled. If you go through matchmaking it automatically does it and you can retrieve it. However, for SG's scrim server I think it would need to be enabled if it already isn't.

So now I'll ask, can this be enabled if hasn't been already and can the demos be released to the community? @Black Rain @Vick

I think it would be nice for the community and could promote scrim some more.

LOL poor Vick is still labeled as the AO in charge of scrim with me when that was a mistake when the forums got a new look xD

Anyways, all the demos are recorded directly on the server and from my knowledge there isn't a way for anyone thats below AO ranks to access it. Let me know what date did you play that specific match and what map was it on and I can send you the demo by pm today

LOL poor Vick is still labeled as the AO in charge of scrim with me when that was a mistake when the forums got a new look xD

Anyways, all the demos are recorded directly on the server and from my knowledge there isn't a way for anyone thats below AO ranks to access it. Let me know what date did you play that specific match and what map was it on and I can send you the demo by pm today

It was yesterday on Cache, probably around 9pm EST. How long do you guys keep matches stored? If anyone recalls any nice plays and remembers the match I could make one big highlight reel.

Reply to Thread