? servers

? players online

Riddles

• Content Count:  4473

here it comes, watch out!

iriddl10.gif

You approach two talking doors. One door leads to the City of Truth, while the other door leads to the City of Liars. You do not know which door is which. You are able to ask only one question to determine which door is which. The door that leads to the City of Liars always speaks lies, while the door that leads to the City of Truth always speaks the truth. You want to go to the City of Truth. What question do you ask to determine which door leads to the City of Truth

You could ask "If I asked you if you open to the City of Truth, would you say yes?" The door that says yes is the one you go through because the Lying door would have to say "no" because they would have to lie about possibly saying yes if the question was just "Do you open to the city of truth?"

I heard something like this in the Labyrinth or something, instead it was like two talking statues. Weird movie btw...

• Content Count:  6712

You could ask "If I asked you if you open to the City of Truth, would you say yes?" The door that says yes is the one you go through because the Lying door would have to say "no" because they would have to lie about possibly saying yes if the question was just "Do you open to the city of truth?"

Clever....but this seems unlikely to me. You are basing it on IF the question was "Do you open to the city of truth?" when it actually isn't.

Clever....but this seems unlikely to me. You are basing it on IF the question was "Do you open to the city of truth?" when it actually isn't.

The lying door would have to say no though. The real question is if they would answer yes or no. The truth door would have to say yes, and the lying door would have to say no (a lie) because if it said yes, then it would no longer be a door that ALWAYS lies. The door would have to lie if you just asked "Are you the door to the city of truth?", so both answers the doors would give to this question would be yes. The lying door would have to lie about saying yes, hence the door saying "No, I would not say yes" which is clearly a lie.

• Content Count:  6741

I heard something like this in the Labyrinth or something, instead it was like two talking statues. Weird movie btw...

Nice try but wrong.

Luxz0rs did you even try!!?

Are you looking for one specific answer?

I know there are a couple.

Another would be asking what one door would think the other door would say is the door to the city of truth. Just do the opposite of what the answer is. If you ask the lying door, it would say the truth door would say the lying door was the way (a lie). If you ask the truth door the same thing, it would say the same thing the lying door said (the truth). This means that whatever door the lying door (or truth door) said is the wrong door.

Edited by Italian Jew

Reply to Thread