? servers

? players online

OBS Settings

• Content Count:  2695

Before I got this GPU i was able to stream/record with OBS perfectly but now it's all choppy and laggy. If anyone can share their recording settings (not streaming) that would be awesome. I'm aiming for 60 fps recording since I can manage that in most games but 30 fps is fine. Thanks. I get 90 down and 90 up if that needs to be known. Thanks.

• Content Count:  4441

They update OBS frequently so first make sure you're on the latest version if it's not automatically updating.

Settings in OBS are really entirely based on your PC, if you're getting choppy/laggy gameplay lower your bitrate and audio settings. In normal circumstances that should fix most of the issues you are having.

Record in MP4 and depending on your graphics card make sure you're using the right encoding. I'm pretty sure it selects it automatically for you but as you said you just switched cards.

As I said previously start your bitrate probably at around 30000 test it, then lower/raise it from their accordingly. If you can't manage to get it to work after that I believe in the adv. settings tab there are render options which again is entirely dependent on what graphics card you have (Opengl for AMD, Direct3D for Nvidia) make sure you have the correct one selected.

Haven't used OBS for awhile, but hope this was helpful. :amuse:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2695

They update OBS frequently so first make sure you're on the latest version if it's not automatically updating.

Settings in OBS are really entirely based on your PC, if you're getting choppy/laggy gameplay lower your bitrate and audio settings. In normal circumstances that should fix most of the issues you are having.

Record in MP4 and depending on your graphics card make sure you're using the right encoding. I'm pretty sure it selects it automatically for you but as you said you just switched cards.

As I said previously start your bitrate probably at around 30000 test it, then lower/raise it from their accordingly. If you can't manage to get it to work after that I believe in the adv. settings tab there are render options which again is entirely dependent on what graphics card you have (Opengl for AMD, Direct3D for Nvidia) make sure you have the correct one selected.

Haven't used OBS for awhile, but hope this was helpful. :amuse:

[video=youtube_share;QQGwyFczd70]

So I tried that out and I went from a nice stable 250 fps to 20 fps lol. I think it might be my other settings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16438[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16439[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16440[/ATTACH]

Anything I look up online either makes it even worse or it makes it less laggy/choppy but the quality is utter crap.

edit: upped crf to 10, works good now.

Reply to Thread