? servers

? players online

What is a Sociopath and How to Identify One

• Content Count:  2697

More than 200,000 people are affected by ASPD (Antisocial Personality Disorder) a year. People with ASPD are more commonly known as "Sociopaths". A sociopath is a person that manifests themselves in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior, they also have a lack of conscience. People with ASPD commonly experience behavioral issues such as irresponsibility, hostility, risk taking behaviors, irritability, or lack of restraint. "Those with antisocial personality disorder tend to lie, break laws, act impulsively, and lack regard for their own safety or the safety of others." (Mayo Clinic). ASPD can only be treated by therapies such as family therapy, behavioral therapy, and psychotherapy. Please be aware of the people around you as they may be sociopaths. Sociopaths tend to have a high charisma and they attract a following just because people want to be around them. They tend to do more bizarre and spontaneous things that most regular people would simply not do. They are also incapable of feeling shame, guilt or remorse. They just simply cannot process these emotions, a sociopath will betray people, threaten, or harm them as well without even giving it a second thought. They are only in it for their self though, they do not care about the feelings of others or how it may affect them. Sociopaths invent outrageous lies about their past or present, they exaggerate things to the point of absurdity. It may sound believable when they tell you their story, but it is most often a flat out lie. Sociopaths only want dominance, they will do anything to "win" the argument at hand. They are delusional and believe that anything they say will become the truth. As the sociopathic murderer Charles Manson once said, "I've never killed anyone! I don't need to kill anyone! I THINK it! I have it HERE! I don't need to live in this physical realm...". The biggest thing that will help you identify a sociopath is that they are incapable of love. They only care about themselves and the good that will come from it. They will act like they love you, that they care about you, but in reality they simply just don't. I'm going to give you a tip on how to expose a sociopath, just simply fact check them. They will more times often than not just become angry or aggressive when someone questions whether if their question is real or not. Please be safe, do not share personal info, know who is a sociopath and who is not. Thank you.

Here is a PDF given by the Mayo Clinic on ASPD if you would like to learn more.

Mayo Clinic Staff. "Antisocial Personality Disorder." Mayo Clinic. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, 02 Apr. 2016. Web. 28 Apr. 2017.

Adams, Mike. "How to Spot a Sociopath - 10 Red Flags That Could save You from Being Swept under the Influence of a Charismatic Nut Job." NaturalNews. NaturalNews, 08 June 2012. Web. 28 Apr. 2017.

• Like 2
Edited by John
fixed informal words, fixed citations.

• Content Count:  61

You didn't tell me you were writing this? Good read, what got you interested in this topic? I'm very interested in the brain and how it differs from the difference of personality people have nowadays. I find it extremely immature that people are trying to flame you over this, just trying to have a knowledgable conversation.

Follow up: What got you interested in sociopaths, and are you interested in a field of psychology?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2697

You didn't tell me you were writing this? Good read, what got you interested in this topic? I'm very interested in the brain and how it differs from the difference of personality people have nowadays. I find it extremely immature that people are trying to flame you over this, just trying to have a knowledgable conversation.

Follow up: What got you interested in sociopaths, and are you interested in a field of psychology?

The brain has always interested me. It's insane how every person has a unique brain and unique emotions! I too find it immature that people are trying to flame me over this but different strokes for different folks I guess? I wrote this to help the community identify sociopaths because I've noticed some sociopathic behaviors throughout the year that I have been here. Actually, this community got me interested in sociopaths, as I said, I have noticed many sociopathic behaviors on the servers than I have in real life. I'm not saying it is a bad thing, it just really intrigues me. If architecture doesn't really work out for me I want to become a LEO (Law Enforcement Officer) because that too has always interested me and you sort of need to have a bit of knowledge on psychology to pursue that career.

988dcc08fa.png

Simpler translation @John

Thank you.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread