? servers

? players online

Internet lags out when csgo starts

• Content Count:  108

So pretty much it's what the title says. Everytime I start up csgo my internet pretty much times out. I cant connect to any servers for like 20 minutes and can only connect by typing connect in console. Im really not sure what is actually going on seeing as I have tried so many different things to try and fix this--from restarting my router, to restarting steam, even going as far as reinstalling csgo. Im not sure that it is my internet because this only happens when I start csgo. I have checked my firewall as well to make sure that its not blocking steam or csgo. I've looked this problem up and have actually come across other people having this problem but it doesnt seem like anywhere I have looked there has been a solution. I was curious if anyone has run into this problem and if so have you fixed it?

edit: Also I never used to have this problem it seems like this just kinda started happening one day. Btw I know that this post isnt really in the right spot, I wasnt really sure where to post it and then I remembered there is a section for tech stuff.

Edited by Carter

• Content Count:  5379

Sounds like you're either getting throttled or some process is taking up a lot of bandwidth when you start csgo... I know that the steam client itself used to have issues with sharing bandwidth.

Do me a favor and screenshot the task manager sorted by network the next time you experience this issue.

Sounds like you're either getting throttled or some process is taking up a lot of bandwidth when you start csgo... I know that the steam client itself used to have issues with sharing bandwidth.

Do me a favor and screenshot the task manager sorted by network the next time you experience this issue.

Sorry it took so long to get back to this post, i just got home from work.

So here is a screenshot of my task manager while running csgo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16638[/ATTACH]

EDIT: Also, I am on wifi, how I have it set up is since my computer didnt have the right slot for my wireless card I am wired to an apple airport and I use that to connect to my router through wireless.

Edited by Carter

So I was kinda looking around in task manager and decided to look through some things. When Running csgo I noticed that there are a large amount of listening ports that open up, not really sure what all I am looking at. Here is another screenshot while ingame.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16639[/ATTACH]

Reply to Thread