? servers

? players online

Special Orders via Text Chat

• Content Count:  4441

I've talked with @Nimmy about this a bit, we still haven't come to a conclusion, thus everything in this post is just my opinion.

While I can understand why special orders via chat may be confusing for people on the server (especially at or near full capacity) I don't see the difference in noticeability between "ALL T'S GO TO ISO" and "YOUR NAME HERE GO TO ISO" in chat. Both teams should be reading chat in regards to orders under the current rules. As long as we allow users to play CT without a mic there will always be chat orders that are harder to catch than over the mic orders. Why restrict what a ct can do based off of whether or not he has a mic when we allow users to play ct without one? might as well remove the ability to give chat orders at all if this gets made into a rule.

In the wise words of a great man.

EDIT: Also for anyone wondering "Whats the difference between regular chat orders and this", the difference is that 1 T running off towards Soccer looks as if he's rebelling rather than seeing a whole herd of Ts running off to follow orders

It's like that time in 1st grade where you didn't know what you were doing so you copied off the kid next to you, except when it's a special order in chat that kid is picking his nose and chomping on his glue stick.

Edited by All Ts
Major grammar errors

• Content Count:  5377

In the wise words of a great man.

It's like that time in 1st grade where you didn't know what you were doing so you copied off the kid next to you, except when it's a special order in chat that kid is picking his nose and chomping on his glue stick.

Yeah, I read your post. Regardless of what the situation may look like to ct's, if they're not reading chat to see their own orders then I would consider it negligence at best. Like I said in my previous post:

I don't see the difference in noticeability between "ALL T'S GO TO ISO" and "YOUR NAME HERE GO TO ISO" in chat. Both teams should be reading chat in regards to orders under the current rules

I understand you're suggesting this to cut down on the chaos during peak times but I don't think we should have "you can do this but not that when you don't have a mic" kind of rules. I think it should be either A) All text orders are allowed, or, B) No text orders are allowed. Restricting what a ct can and cannot do based on whether or not he has a microphone is ridiculous.

Yeah, I read your post. Regardless of what the situation may look like to ct's, if they're not reading chat to see their own orders then I would consider it negligence at best. Like I said in my previous post:

I understand you're suggesting this to cut down on the chaos during peak times but I don't think we should have "you can do this but not that when you don't have a mic" kind of rules. I think it should be either A) All text orders are allowed, or, B) No text orders are allowed. Restricting what a ct can and cannot do based on whether or not he has a microphone is ridiculous.

Witnessing how some people use them purposefully to confuse people, the high number of chat messages, and the amount of times someone gets freekilled while I understand your position on how it is partly negligent on the Ts or CTs (due to me not really having too many of these situations cause I pay close attention) I've had lots of instances where the CTs will straight up gun me or someone else down for rebelling which at that point it's out of my hands until after. It's to the point where when I get ordered somewhere or a CT sends 3-4 people to ISO I sigh on the inside cause I know someone is likely going to get gunned down unfairly.

Anyway, I've presented all I can as far as explanation and other people's bad expirences. I think this would certainly make things marginally better on the server but I'm not gonna blow a gasket if you guys decide against it, it isn't a huge deal.

• Content Count:  5377

Witnessing how some people use them purposefully to confuse people, the high number of chat messages, and the amount of times someone gets freekilled while I understand your position on how it is partly negligent on the Ts or CTs (due to me not really having too many of these situations cause I pay close attention) I've had lots of instances where the CTs will straight up gun me or someone else down for rebelling which at that point it's out of my hands until after. It's to the point where when I get ordered somewhere or a CT sends 3-4 people to ISO I sigh on the inside cause I know someone is likely going to get gunned down unfairly.

Anyway, I've presented all I can as far as explanation and other people's bad expirences. I think this would certainly make things marginally better on the server but I'm not gonna blow a gasket if you guys decide against it, it isn't a huge deal.

I mean the highlighted sections is something admins should already be policing.

• Reasonable CT Orders

A reasonable order is an order that is straight-forward, clear, to the point, easy to understand, not meant to confuse or to trick, and gives the prisoners enough time to abide to. Server rules require them.

Using special orders as a way to deliberately get your teammates in trouble is unacceptable, and if anyone gets caught doing this then they should have their ct privileges revoked. How you would go about proving that is another thing.

Anyways, I'd like to see @Jake's thoughts on this issue

I mean the highlighted sections is something admins should already be policing.

Using special orders as a way to deliberately get your teammates in trouble is unacceptable, and if anyone gets caught doing this then they should have their ct privileges revoked. How you would go about proving that is another thing.

Anyways, I'd like to see @Jake's thoughts on this issue

I can't make up my own rules to police the server nor assume someone's intentions when administrating- hence this thread.

yeah I understand that, thus, "How you would go about proving that is another thing."

Not sure if I understand what you said there, so excuse me if I didn't. On my phone right now.

You don't. You just blanket get rid of it cause even without people intentions to confuse people that kind of order alone is common issue. If I could differentiate it I would be enforcing the reasonable orders rule on people for making the server chaotic.

• Content Count:  1266

Excuse me for butting in the debate:d, but couldn't we make it so that no special orders for the first minute or so of every round, regardless of mic or chat? From what I see as soon as the cells are opened all cts try to put their 2 cents in for the round, and as mentioned above when someone gets sent somewhere, others follow. The way I see it, the problem isn't the chat(although it does hinder), it's the timing.

Edited by anuL
grammar is hard :(

• Content Count:  2001

Alright so I'll give my two cents on this issue.

I really haven't witnessed this being that big of an issue on the server. I do want to point out that my activity has been fairly low so this would just be my opinion from what I've personally experienced. That being said I really don't think that we need a rule that says no special orders via text. I personally have never had issues with missing orders in text. It just takes a few seconds to glance down and read what is being said. As for the freekilling if the people want to play on CT they need to be keeping an eye on text orders anyways so If they start shooting people because they didn't read chat that is their fault. If you can't handle multitasking don't join CT.

Also, This comes into the territory of adding a bunch of stipulations to rules and when I first started managing I remember talking with caution when we were reworking the server rules and we wanted to try and keep rule stipulations to a minimum. So I'd be against making a rule they specifies no special orders Via text.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1020

since we're on the topic, are cts allowed to give special orders by shaking their heads? i've seen so many people die because i ct cant tell if their lying or not and i havent seen anything about this on the forums about this and i see too many people take advantage of this on t

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.