? servers

? players online

Random Question of the Day [October 4]

• Content Count:  4441

What is one thing that makes you respect someone most?

Off the top of my head for me it's unsurprisingly honesty, I get extremely ticked off when people straight up lie or manage to convince themselves of something that they know not to be true. People that I can converse with who can be straight up- even if they are complete cunts are much more preferred to me rather than people who would spend their time trying to beat around the bush, make excuses or as I said, blatantly lie.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1266

it's unsurprisingly honesty, even if they are complete cunts are much more preferred to me rather than people who would spend their time trying to beat around the bush, make excuses or as I said, blatantly lie.

Exactly this, if you respect someone you're honest with them.

• Content Count:  5055

People who try to help and/or care about others. Not because it makes them look good for some status or for some other selfish reason, but because they genuinely want to see others do better and be happier in general. That was probably one of the main reasons I wanted to become an admin, let alone a CA and an AO in general so that I could help others in S-G and make S-G a more fun place to be in.

• Content Count:  113

For me I think it would be having good character. By this I mean doing the right thing even if nobody is around to praise them for it, and treating others the way they expect to be treated.

• Content Count:  2230

It's hard for me to pinpoint something specific that would make me respect someone the most. It'd be between honestly, loyalty and how genuine someone was - though they all kind of intertwine. If someone has the ability to be positive or nice even in a dire or hateful situation in order to get the best outcome, I also respect that a lot.

Mostly just how true to oneself someone can be in terms of that honesty.

• Content Count:  305

Since honesty will probably come up here the most, I'll choose something I hold very close to it.

Being willing to stand up for fairness when it isn't in their odds. When someone is able to fight because of morality and because they are able to do what's right regardless if whoever is above them is telling them not to, are the greatest heroes. If you look back in history, the great leaders who have gone against the popular vote to make an even better society are thanked, and for much reason. If you think about it, America was born on the exact concept of this as well, hence The Revolutionary War :)

Edited by Reece

• Content Count:  701

There's tons of things that would really contribute to whether or not I highly-respect a person but personally I think the icing to it is if they can maintain their drive (or motivation).

I always give my upmost respect to those who hold true to their goals whether it's grades oriented, work oriented, or physically oriented. In my eyes, there's a dime a dozen of people who can really stick it through to achieve their difficult goals and maintain it throughout. This applies mostly to the idea of revering/admiring though.

As for respecting people in general, I always give my respect to others regardless of who they are and the only thing that would prevent me from doing so is if they are blatantly harassing people and/or acting in a non-civil manner.

Reply to Thread