? servers

? players online

RQOTD 12/11/17

• Content Count:  1406

Been a while since we have done one of these:

Whats the worst job you have ever worked?

Mine would have to be when I was a lazer etch tech for irwin tools. I etched taps and dies with names and sizes. No music all day, 12 hour shifts, and super racist bosses. Fuck that place.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2579

Worked @ a fast-food in a grocery store.

It's insanely disgusting. Everything in the backscene is just gross and barely hygienic. Shitty hours, had to work 36 hours during my finals despite me asking for less than 20. The entire staff was 40+ years old grumpy cunts, mostly women, that start up drama to cope with their shitty jobs.

I left that department after 3 months for another. Drama was still disgusting, but tolerable.

• Content Count:  228

I haven't had many jobs so far as i'm quite young still but this summer, I worked at a recycling center where we would pretty much sort out peoples recycling bins. It stank and was quite dirty, + we would work night shifts (16h00 - 24h00) from monday to friday. At least it was decently paid (1$ over minimum wage) and I had a friend there so it wasn't as boring. In all honesty tho, i'm never going there anymore.

Got good working experience from it and, and now that I know how shitty of a job some people have, I am careful with what I throw in the recycling bin. Now I have a better job (I fry chicken and fries at a local supermarket) which isn't bad at all imo.

• Content Count:  228

Worked @ a fast-food in a grocery store.

It's insanely disgusting. Everything in the backscene is just gross and barely hygienic. Shitty hours, had to work 36 hours during my finals despite me asking for less than 20. The entire staff was 40+ years old grumpy cunts, mostly women, that start up drama to cope with their shitty jobs.

I left that department after 3 months for another. Drama was still disgusting, but tolerable.

Funny you say that because that's the job I am rocking rn (not the exact one but pretty much the same) and I really enjoy it, the grocery store is really new (3-4 years old) and everything is super clean. The staff working with me is also extremely nice and enjoyable.

• Content Count:  2187

Right now, the only job I have is at a Ross. Pretty good over here, with $9 an hour and you get weekends off. Only thing I can complain about is the tight workspace, but I've gotten used to it.

Only place I'm glad I don't work in is McDonald's. The one closest to me has a shitty supervisor who yells at everyone. Feel sorry for the workers there, which is why I usually give them my utmost respect. And the fact that most of them are Hispanic workers in their 50s really disgusts me. But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

• Content Count:  113

The worst place I've ever worked was at a retail store in the shoe department at the mall. I got paid $7.35 an hour after being there for 2 years. They never scheduled me and when I quit maybe 3 people had bothered to learn my name. One of the managers called me "Shoes" which was really offensive. It was really cliquey and most of the employees were bitches.

• Content Count:  1401

Sell ice cream in the summer vacation. Had to run around at the beach in the sand with this massive and heavy carrier thing filled with ice and ice cream. Crappy pay as well

• Content Count:  1056

The worst Job I have worked is a lifeguard. You think it's a fun job when you sign up, but people do some stupid stuff. You also have to sit out in the heat all day and you can't go to the bathroom unless you have someone cover for you... just don't do it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1984

TA at a daycare for kindergarteners at a Chinese place. The supervisor was from Hongkong and looked down on mainland Chinese people. She didn’t give me my paycheck for months on because she lost my paperwork and said I was irresponsible for losing it. She ended up getting fired later on.

And once a kid peed her pants and she never asked or even indicated she wanted to us the bathroom. We weren’t allowed to change her pants because regulations or something.

Reply to Thread