? servers

? players online

New Headset

• Content Count:  150

So I'm looking to get a new Headset, and I'm looking for quality and durability. Preferrably something that's more metal than the cheap ass plastic they are constantly making them out of. I've been looking at a few of the SteelSeries but I'd like to get some other recommendations. As it currently stands I use the Logitech G430 and I really love the headset, but as I said they break far too easily for my liking especially at the ear piece where the headphone is connected to the head band. My price range would be anywhere from $100 - $200 give or take depending on the quality.

i liked my old hyperx cloud II sound was good only complaint was that after owning it for a while the removeable mic seemed to have started to wear down. that may have also been because i removed it alot.

That's one of my concerns with some of these nicer looking headsets is the detachable mic, It looks nice but it also looks like it could easily break. I was also considering going the route of just getting a nice table mic and a nice pair of headphones seperate. It would probably cost me more in the long run, but I think the quality of the mic and headphones would equal something much better than a normal gaming headset.

• Content Count:  642

That's one of my concerns with some of these nicer looking headsets is the detachable mic, It looks nice but it also looks like it could easily break. I was also considering going the route of just getting a nice table mic and a nice pair of headphones seperate. It would probably cost me more in the long run, but I think the quality of the mic and headphones would equal something much better than a normal gaming headset.

yeah the quality of the table mic and headphones is definitely better but the price will also be higher. so the question would be would u rather top quality for a higher price or good quality for a reasonable price.

yeah the quality of the table mic and headphones is definitely better but the price will also be higher. so the question would be would u rather top quality for a higher price or good quality for a reasonable price.

If I had to save up a bit, I'd most definitely go for top quality over good quality. I think in the long run it would be worth it, and I sure as shit will be getting insurance on it if available just in case something were to happen.

• Content Count:  642

If I had to save up a bit, I'd most definitely go for top quality over good quality. I think in the long run it would be worth it, and I sure as shit will be getting insurance on it if available just in case something were to happen.

then go for it i mean u can always return it if you dont like it. for me i just dont know how id feel having the mic always in my face plus i dont have the space on my desk.

I have one of the Steel Series headsets and it works really well, they double up nicely as a good set of headphones.

Yeah, I was looking at a few of those. I'm thinking of getting one of those just to save the money, because they do look like they are pretty durable. It's almost like my headphones always have duct tape or electrical tape holding the earphones on. Same thing happened with my previous pair, which were a Thermaltake SHOCK and those headphones were great in my opinion. Just the same thing always happens and they seem to break right at the headphone.

• Content Count:  1619

Yeah, I was looking at a few of those. I'm thinking of getting one of those just to save the money, because they do look like they are pretty durable. It's almost like my headphones always have duct tape or electrical tape holding the earphones on. Same thing happened with my previous pair, which were a Thermaltake SHOCK and those headphones were great in my opinion. Just the same thing always happens and they seem to break right at the headphone.

My friends bull terrier jumped up at me ripping them off my head and they survived that, plus I've dropped them many times and they still work perfectly. Hardly a scratch on them

Reply to Thread