? servers

? players online

Xbox vs. Play3

• Content Count:  1230

Actually, I meant the last bit about it being the only thing the PS3 has to say it's better than the Xbox about.

Pancake pretty much covered me, but other than that (Blu-ray) I mentioned the console exclusive games that some prefer. It's not exclusive, but for me Madden plays better on the PS3 than the 360 and that was my reason for buying it. It's just my opinion.

• Content Count:  27

I have a 360 Elite. only RRoD me twice, but the first time a simple turn off and letting it sit for awhile fixed it. Came back and its running fine. The second time got Er=74. Faulty AV cable or busted Video chip. It was the latter, no 360 for about two weeks.

But nevertheless the experience has been amazing, and well worth it.

• Content Count:  2903

Only get PS3 if you have a 1080p TV. Otherwise you won't get the full performance that you can get. I've never had a "Red ring of death" on my Xbox because I take care of my things.

PS-Anyone getting FIFA 09 when it comes out?

-Modgers

• Content Count:  868

It's all about the games ultimately. Go with the console that's got you most interested in it's exclusive games. Most games that are multi-platform in terms of gameplay differences are completely negligible and that's what's ultimately important(I can only remember the remake of Bionic Commando having a slight difference in gameplay on both consoles). Graphically it's a tossup from what I've seen, and quite frankly I don't ever see the PS3 being the clear winner in every case in the future in terms of graphics for multi-platform games because for one thing the PS3 is harder to program for than the 360, and really... why bother doing it in the first place? The only development teams that are really going to take advantage of Blu-Ray for multi-platform gaming are kooks like Carmack with RAGE.

Blu-Ray movies can go fuck themselves. Anyone who refuses to watch regular DVDs over Blu-Ray movies is either fucking obsessed with motion pictures or is a complete techno dork that will buy the latest crap and make full use of it when in actuality the latest crap is like a toenail's length(on it's side mind you) away from it's predecessor in terms of superiority. Movies don't get much clearer than DVDs folks, and you're fooling yourselves if you think Blu-Ray is leaps and bounds better.

Blu-Ray games however is a completely different thing altogether. It's a superior medium to DVD, and thus has a ton of potential(see RAGE). The only thing really that worries me about Blu-Ray gaming is when developers are going to use it's full capacity and how that's going to play out with load times. The hard drive installation thing will mitigate some of it but there will come a point eventually where either load times will get longer or your hard drives are going to get full from game installations, because CDs can only spin so fast.

Reply to Thread