? servers

? players online

Prop Blocking TTT?

• Content Count:  361

On some maps on TTT you are able to block entrances with movable props and it is very inconvenient for traitors and unfair because they can't actively kill people they cant get to. So is this against the rules or is it just very annoying?

• Content Count:  1470

Their isnt really a clear rule on blocking with props and i think their should be a limit on it but dont think that we should stop it completely cause most maps you can still get into the room its not impossible just really annoying and you have to think of more creative ways to get to the innocent. For example on ttt_skyscraper_2017_sg5 their is a room where u can use the objects like the couch to block the door but the T can still get in by shooting at the door moving the couchs away from the door or you can be more creative and go to the room next to it and hop over from outside to the rooms windows or you can also go to the top of the map and jump down from there. The point is you can still get into the room and try to kill the T you just have to think outside the box which most people dont want to and just get frustrated.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6

I believe the issue with prop blocking isn't that you can jump over but rather that you can get stuck while trying to jump over. It becomes a real pain when you're stuck on the invisible edge of a prop, and having T's find othe pathways will require more time, which in some situations can mean the win/loss.

• Content Count:  2162

There used to be a rule on the TTT server against prop blocking. From viewing the rules and server thread in the TTT subforum i saw that this rule seemed to removed on 2/16/18. I couldnt find any thread or discussion of it here on the forums so i bleieve this may have been discussed at some sort of meeting or it was just thought that this rule was unecesarry. Realistically to eliminate the problem, you would just get rid of all the props on all of the maps. However i feel like props can propose some different and more strategic gameplay in the server, so it may be best to bring back the rule and say dont excessively prop block an area or trap someone within a prop.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  658

I had a problem on the server yesterday on this incident, tanner was there too. Ejivis was on skyscraper shooting white boxes into a stairway with a negev every round. About twice, Ejivis managed to get people stuck in the blocks by shooting them and someone asked a question about prop blocking. We then went into the in-game FAQ and rules and found a section in the rules stating to not prop block (with no clarification). We established to the players that they could move props into different areas freely to try to block places off but cannot intentionally try to get people stuck in them. I wasn't 100% sure if this was the way the rule was supposed to be handled, but it seemed to be the most rational way to solve the situation. There were no real problems after but it could cause (minor) confusion if the rule isn't clarified more.

"You can move props to try block off areas but Do NOT intentionally try to get other players stuck inside props"

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1083

I don't really remember the circumstances around it, but somewhere along the line we decided to remove the rule because you could no longer pick up props like you could wayyyyy back. That being said however, it's obviously still a problem if there is a movable prop next to a doorway that can be shot or "shoved," so to speak, with your body. Fully support re-adding the rule

• Like 1

• Content Count:  45

I think its fine to barricade doors with props as long as you aren't pushing props inside of people and getting them stuck. T's have a traitor shop to help them win anyway so why not let innocents build a great wall :)

Now if people start kos'ing off breaking through barricades then thats a whole different story.

• Content Count:  394

I think its fine to barricade doors with props as long as you aren't pushing props inside of people and getting them stuck. T's have a traitor shop to help them win anyway so why not let innocents build a great wall :)

Now if people start kos'ing off breaking through barricades then thats a whole different story.

I dont play much ttt personally but like ryo said it should be fair to block a door if ts can buy items

Reply to Thread