? servers

? players online

Question of the day 5/27/19

• Content Count:  590

ok what if like since you have this day when you’re gonna die, wouldn’t that make you immortal until that day? Like I could jump off the Empire State Building and not die because I’m not supposed to die that day.

But fr I do not wanna know it would build it so much anxiety and depression and would not be a fun time.

• Like 1
Edited by duffy

• Content Count:  2162

Difficult question as it arises a lot of loose details that are not brought into perspective. The first would be is this under the pretense that you can't die any other day or prevent your death by therefore knowing about it?

This kind of goes a little far into if you know your future, then you don't really since every step you take is now in a different direction. For example, if I was told I would die on June 6, 2091 from cardiac arrest, who's to say I cant jump off a building and have that not be the case.

Baseline thinking is that knowing your own future changes your future unless you take every exact same step you're supposed to take to reach it. You can't exactly change your past to benefit your future, but you can change your future with knowledge of it.

I would personally say no, as knowing my own death date and cause might lead me to attempt to prevent it in some way, which could cause an untimely death through my efforts to prevent a known one.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread