? servers

? players online

Remove/Nerf Iso Secret on ba_jail_electric_revamp_f2

• Content Count:  1920

The title explains what I'm suggesting pretty much. I personally think it's really busted and unbalanced that literally every T can be out of their cell and rebelling before CTs can even make it out of armory. The map already has a plentiful amount of secrets to use and I think either nerfing or entirely removing this secret will provide a tiny bit of balance to the map and give the CTs a chance to control rounds without the ratio pushing beyond 2:3.

If removing it entirely is undesirable, if there is a possibility of not making it useable until 45-60 seconds have passed in the round, that may be a good option as well. The ability to have everyone out of their cells before the CTs exit armory is totally unfair, especially at high pop.

I encourage everyone to share their thoughts on this, I'm not sure where a lot of others stand on this.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

I really see no need to remove the secret. The reason that secret is actually good for CTs is because it forces them to get out of armory and give orders ASAP. Whenever the CT team gets wiped from a round like that, it's a lesson for next round; Forcing the CTs to give orders immediately instead of not using the first order properly. The secret is only ever harmful when a CT takes the first order and doesn't get out of the armory, and instead casually talks on mic; They later notice the Ts are all out of their cells, and by the time they say "Freeze" half the Ts are already across the map.

There's nothing wrong with the secret, just the CTs who aren't doing their job.

Responding to @Phoenix_ :

I agree with your point, and see how I could have been/was blindsided. I think @Cody. 's idea is a good one (Like you said Phoenix), and should be discussed.

• Like 2
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  1920

I really see no need to remove the secret. The reason that secret is actually good for CTs is because it forces them to get out of armory and give orders ASAP. Whenever the CT team gets wiped from a round like that, it's a lesson for next round; Forcing the CTs to give orders immediately instead of not using the first order properly. The secret is only ever harmful when a CT takes the first order and doesn't get out of the armory, and instead casually talks on mic; They later notice the Ts are all out of their cells, and by the time they say "Freeze" half the Ts are already across the map.

There's nothing wrong with the secret, just the CTs who aren't doing their job.

While it is valid that a group of CTs that get fucked by this secret and lose quickly should take it as a learning experience, it's just not that simple. The issue with how you're seeing this situation is that you expect greatness from every CT, which is just unrealistic. While it would be great if the JB server was a utopia where all the CTs had mics and could give great orders, it's just not the case. Not only this, but I've also seen groups of CTs who are actually better at the game, who give orders immediately and come out of armory ASAP who still can't get hold of a round because by the time they're out of armory there's already 3 people in the pool, 2 in soccer, and 3 in showers. While I hate to say it, you need to lower your expectations of the general player base when thinking about these things because you have players with 30 days on the server and players with 30 minutes on the server. If a brand new CT or even just a fairly unexperienced CT is trying to learn the game more and repeatedly gets destroyed every round, they're very likely to either leave the server or join back on T. I'm also hoping that if the usability of this secret was modified that the ratio on the map may improve since not too many people want to play CT because it is too easy to rebel on this map.

Revamp is one of the most T sided maps on the server, with the Ts winning 78% of all rounds (The average is between 75-70%). @Cody. came up with a great solution of keeping the secret but removing the T spawn point there. This would allow people to still use the secret but not allow the Ts to gain complete control by 4:50. I just think it would be good for the sake of map balance to throw the CTs a bone here and hopefully provide some form of balance.

• Content Count:  908

Revamp is one of the most T sided maps on the server, with the Ts winning 78% of all rounds (The average is between 75-70%). @Cody. came up with a great solution of keeping the secret but removing the T spawn point there. This would allow people to still use the secret but not allow the Ts to gain complete control by 4:50. I just think it would be good for the sake of map balance to throw the CTs a bone here and hopefully provide some form of balance.

The managers agree, the spawnpoint has been removed.

• Like 10

Reply to Thread