? servers

? players online

Orders.

• Content Count:  971

Crossfire will permanently be in a broken state. Unfortunately, we don't have robot CT's who can pinpoint the rebeller's exact head location and pick them out in a stack. While I do think this rule is abused by many, I don't think adding harsher punishment will stop the ones who do abuse it. More likely it will punish honest CT's who make honest mistakes and then have to slay, when the T is usually the one at fault for the crossfire, as they stack onto the rebeller in hopes of deterring CT's to shoot and giving the rebeller more time to live. 

If there any lobotomyte CT's reading this who don't know how to enforce, if you give a stack order for whatever reason and start getting shot at, swallow your fucking pride and find cover instead of trying to use your gold nova 2 aim to kill the rebeller. Fall back, say "all T's crouch, freeze, and unstack", wait 5 seconds ish and badabing badaboom you pop the heads of the dumbasses who don't listen to your orders and order is reinstated within the prison.

Crossfire rules should remain the same.

• Content Count:  1030

The Jailbreak rules are littered with grey areas. However, just because those grey areas exist doesn't mean that we have to accomodate for every single one of them. This is true of the crossfire rule as well.

Technically yes, when you kill someone in a croasfire it is freekill. However, we have to acknowledge that the vast majority of people playing Jailbreak crouch while holding M1 and call it spray control. Sometimes it can be hard to pick out an individual rebeller, and another T might get caught in the middle of it. Sometimes mistakes happen, and when they do inflicting a punishment on that player is, in my opinion, a terrible idea. 

When you're talking about crossfire in general, it usually happens when a rebelling T is standing very close, stacking in, or just being in the general vicinity of Ts that are following orders. If that's the case and you're the innocent T, then your best course of action is to get out of the way. Most of the time you probably won't be warning shot, as the CTs will be focused on killing the rebellers and not you. Worst thing that'll happen is you get a warning shot.

The crossfire rule is in place so that CTs have a bit of leeway when trying to do their job; kill the rebellers and maintain order. If we called it freekill, CTs would be hesitant to try and kill rebellers, which would not be fun for anybody except for maybe the rebellers themselves.

I don't think the crossfire rule needs any tweaking, I think it's fine where it is now. If it's blatant shooting into a stack or if CTs are purposefully aiming to spray down multiple people then it's up to the discretion of administrators but usually that isn't the case. It boils down to something really simple: if you don't want to die, move out of the way of the bullets.

• Like 1
Edited by Benzene

• Content Count:  569

4 hours ago, Amazing said:

(I know its a little bit tedious to ask for something that most people know but people just shoot into stacks kill the actual dude and along kill 4 people and don't slay because its "crossfire")

Reading the replies I notice that in my original post I didn't express my idea to what I was thinking of. I was thinking if the "crossfire" includes 3 or more people not including the rebeller that it should call for a slay due to the fact that it probably took out a 1/4th or 1/5th of the T side for something that was the CT's fault.

• Content Count:  3294

On 8/27/2020 at 6:05 PM, TheZZL said:

There's a difference between killing someone who is doing nothing wrong or is not in harms way, and killing someone who wasn't the "intended target" of your shots. If the person you are trying to shoot is near/in the crosslines of the person you accidentally killed, it is crossfire. If the person who died was nowhere near where the Guard was supposedly trying to shoot, it's freekill. 

This should generally answer the situation you provided. Guards should not be playing recklessly in attempts to kill one rebeller. If multiple Prisoners are killed in the crossfire it can be considered as Freekill, depending on the situation. So yes, if a guard has killed 3+ Prisoners in crossfire to kill one rebeller that can be freekill, but the number of prisoners killed doesn't have to be exactly three. 

Edited by TheZZL

Reply to Thread