? servers

? players online

Recommendations

• Content Count:  971

Shows:

1. Bojack Horseman

Seriously; the first season is painfully mediocre, but it gets so twisted, dark, and meaningful once the plot thickens a bit. Second to last episode of the series is the greatest 30 minutes of content you'll ever watch, and it made the mediocrity of the first season so worth it. This episode, "The View From Halfway Down", would have a perfect 10/10 rating on IMDB if it wasn't for a SINGLE person who gave it a 7/10, because they were disappointed it wasn't the actual final episode. I will proudly admit this is the only TV show or movie that has actually made me cry and drop my jaw in shock.

Music:

1. Rodeo - Travis Scott

Arguably, Rodeo is the best trap-rap album ever released. Dark, wavy, psychedelic bangers cover every corner of this album. A select few of the more unconventional songs will have to mellow with you for a bit before you truly come to appreciate them for the masterpieces they are.

2. MOTM 3 - Kid Cudi

Really new album, but Christ did Cudi hit it out of the fucking park. This album is a perfect representation of the trap-rap genre with catchy, deep, and lyrically gorgeous songs. 

3. beerbongs & bentleys - Post Malone

Controversial, but I think this is the best album to introduce people who have never experienced the trap-rap genre. This and Post's most recent album, Hollywood's Bleeding, are what actually got some of my older family members to appreciate the genre and not write it off as a shitty soundcloud rapper using the same 4 sound effects and tripping over ever lyric.

Games:

1. Paladins

The game is free to play, so there's no reason not to try it out. It's a hero shooter like Overwatch, but with much deeper and complex gameplay that allows for limitless customization with your playstyle. If you want to play a support like a DPS in this game, you can shift your build around to do that. Admittedly, the game lacks the perfect polish Overwatch does, but the gameplay is not nearly as shallow.

2. Modded Minecraft

I've played this game to the fucking grave since 2011, and the reason I still sometimes play it today is because of modded minecraft. There are so many insanely cool modpacks out there to try on the CurseForge launcher and huge communities of modded servers I didn't even know existed. Highly recommend MC Eternal for a modpack to really blow you away.

These would be my recommendations for anyone who wants to try some new media, my best advice is honestly an open mind. I wrote off so much media a few years back and I shame my past self for having a closed mind, as I missed out on so much. Good luck on your journey to find new content!

• Like 2

Reply to Thread