? servers

? players online

My Monitor

• Content Count:  764

So I recently got a new monitor for christmas, and I was wondering if it is good. I'm not to experienced with things like computer and monitor things so i want your opinions. The first thing is its a 60 hertz monitor, with a 2 millisecond refresh rate, and it's a 2016 hp monitor. It's a 1080 p, 1920 x 1080

• Content Count:  1920

I mean good is pretty subjective. "Good" is defined by the user-- depends on what you need it for, how the picture looks, if it works for you, etc.

In terms of all the monitors on the market, this is an average monitor. Given you got it for free (I'm assuming) I would say it's just fine.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  482

Honestly you should have gotten a 120Hz monitor at least, after playing on 240Hz for a day or 144Hz I can never go back to 60Hz again. If your initial monitor was also a 60Hz or whatever you played on, you basically gained nothing by getting another 60Hz monitor because you can only see 60 frames anyway no matter how high your FPS is. Sadly the truth is disappointing. If you’re using both 60Hz monitors then I guess you now have an additional monitor you can use for other tabs, which isn’t horrible but I can’t bare 60Hz any longer. Either than that, different brand or not, still a 60Hz monitor, doesn’t improve the slightest. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  482

15 minutes ago, Che said:

I have also had some people tell me a 2 millisecond refresh rate is good, is that true or no?

In this sense your response rate at two milliseconds in reality is good but since you have a 60Hz monitor it doesn’t matter because 60Hz is your refresh rate. Your 2 milliseconds is your response rate on the monitor but the human eye obviously can’t see that responsiveness even though the people who made the monitor says it’s better when using advanced technology. As an example if my monitor was a 6 millisecond response rate and yours is a 2 millisecond, do you think there’s a competitive edge? Obviously not, we can’t visually see the difference. 

If you need anymore questions answered about your monitor or whatever you have I can gladly help you out. I’m a personal apprentice at my Technician Field.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  331

If its a 1080p 60hz 2ms monitor i doubt it was more than $100, maybe $150 tops. I would save up about $150-$200 and buy a budget 144hz gaming monitor. Examples like the https://www.amazon.com/Sceptre-E255B-1658A-Gaming-Monitor-DisplayPort/dp/B07KGMQGDT/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=144hz&qid=1606513738&sr=8-5, https://www.amazon.com/Dell-S2421HGF-24inch-Anti-Glare-Monitor/dp/B089T73ZB9/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=144hz&qid=1606513738&sr=8-4, and  https://www.amazon.com/Sceptre-E255B-1658A-Gaming-Monitor-DisplayPort/dp/B07KGMQGDT/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=144hz&qid=1606513738&sr=8-5 are great options for getting high refresh rates on a budget. If you have the desk space, I'd keep the monitor you just got as a second monitor for discord, music, etc. If not just flip it on ebay for $75-$100 and use the money on something you want or need. 

• Like 1

Reply to Thread