? servers

? players online

Jailbreak Mock "Guide" to CT

• Content Count:  1920

Hey, so I thought it would be really neat if we put something together for a more advanced guide to CT to assist players who want to improve their CT abilities by seeing what works for other people to possibly adjust their playstyle to something new and make tips from others their own unique playstyle. This doesn't even have to be an official guide. The main goal of this thread at least from my perspective is to get into the look of the mind of people who play CT frequently and what things they do that do and don't work. It's always nice to try and improve the quality of CTs we have on the server for a better playing experience.

--------------------------------

Entry 1- Good Cop vs. Bad Cop:

I feel like this is one of the most fundamental skills for a CT to develop over time. You need to be able to find a balance between being a Nazi CT and being a CT who lets madness ensue. Depending on the population, it's easier to determine what type of CT to be. If there's a high population and it's harder to control the Ts, it would be more reasonable to be a bit stricter as a CT with how you give orders and enforce them. This is not to say that you can't be fun with your orders. You can still give fun, engaging orders while still enforcing them strongly to ensure a fun playing experience for both teams. When there are lower populations, it's more okay to give more goofy and "interpretable" orders. Interpretable meaning if a T spins it in a way that they rebel and magically "disappear" it's not such a big deal. 

How does one make a determination of what type of CT to be? Read the room the best you can. If you see your CT team is handling the server pretty well, it's safe to give some more fun orders and be a little bit looser with enforcing. That does not mean go find a cozy vent to camp, that means if you see someone grab a pistol or a nade, you may be a bit more chill and just let them have it. Just do your best to find a balance between being a chill CT and a strict CT. 

Also I swear to fucking god if you give "freeze, crouch, knife the ground" orders you deserve to be chemically castrated you little fucking shit

Entry 2- Give Engaging Orders:

Are you tired of the same "Take a step out, face the back, freeze" orders every round? Shit, me too. When you are giving the first order of a round, it would be in the server's best interest to spice up the orders, even if you just change minute details of the order. Hearing the same old, same old gets really stale and probably makes some people leave. It can't hurt to make people go right to a minigame or a different location when the cells open. 

Same goes with after cell orders, too. What I personally do is give the Ts more freedom with how they can use the order. Instead of being on boxes in big cage, maybe let them be wherever the want to be in the big cage! In pool maybe let them swim anywhere they want instead of just one end of the pool! This section is pretty short, but I feel like it can hopefully be self explanatory. Sometimes you must give the Ts a feign idea of control when in reality the CTs are still fully in control. 

--------------------------------

I'll start with just those two entries, as I would love to hear what other people have to say. Please share your own experiences for the benefits of others :smile1: 

• Like 10

• Content Count:  262

100%fully support this both entry’s made good points on becoming a better ct which isn’t easy as people think when they think of ct. I also would love to see everyone else’s opinions on how to help newbie cts. Good post Phoenix :turtle:

• Content Count:  971

About time someone understands why I do things the way I do. The new generation of JB likes to do gun checks, force T's to throw away their nades, and makes them crouch knife the ground and freeze for minutes on end which is NEXT LEVEL pussy shit.

The new generation also likes to hot pursue any T's that get away, which is next level stupid considering the ratio is usually 2-1 or worse, which ironicly makes it easier for the main group to rebel. I really like your take here of sometimes just letting a T or two get away for a secret, as it makes for much more interesting gunplay once they actually you know, get a gun and a positional advantage considering CT's have armor and basically 235 HP.

Another problem I see is called "secret baiting", where a CT will send all the T's to, for example, the vending machine under armory on vipinthemix, then they go camp kitchen and wait for one retard to press the button which teleports anyone nearby for easy kills.

In general, it's pretty easy to not be a dipshit Nazi CT which is why I've always looked down on approaches made by mainly the newer generation of players who seem like they need a power trip. Good post phoenix.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  635

Listen to the t's: if ts think you are depressed you are probably depressing everyone, get off ct. If t's are complaining about your orders, being stale, dont be stale. Yadayadaya

Use the map you are on: send them places, do the things, force them to do minigames, it helps brain development and some of us need it. Force deathgames that are fun, so not just dodgecourse every time bc its easy to get to lr.

Get off ct and get on t. You hear alot more on t so you can retain alot more. You are less worried about giving orders and youre more worried about how to follow, so you pick up new "tricks of the trade".

Step 12: dont be @dolo

Profit??

A little bit more concise than op but i think alot of sg's ct`s cant read an ingredients label on a can of tuna so 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  562

2 hours ago, The Real Slim Jim said:

Step 12: dont be @dolo

Yea

Know your Prisoners / T's know what they look like and which ones you might need to be more strict with cause they rebel often. Engage your T's pick one person to for example boost onto a box that isn't reachable by just jumping. This can keep people around and engages the T's because they probably haven't heard that order or haven't been there.

• Like 1
Edited by dolo

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.