? servers

? players online

Full In-School...

• Content Count:  38

i mean online school sucks for mental health and learning in general but peoples at home (and living) conditions vary greatly.

also the idea that it doesn't effect young people is false, it may not kill u but still causes irreversible lung damage. also think about it  -- the virus is only 1 year old -- we still dont know everything about it yet.

even if it doesn't effect young people, those young ppl will still spread it to those they are at home with and those they exist around.

not really a good idea for those living in inter-generational houses. not really good for those living w/ immuno compromised folks.

just bad idea all around. virtual 100%. close all of the fucking bars and restaurants. cases are decreasing bc lockdowns work. look at wuhan and vietnam (;

edit: all of this has been said already

Edited by maozedong

• Content Count:  1984

Honestly, I lucked out with online learning and I really enjoy it. My major is mostly done digitally anyway and most my professors are younger people that have experience with technology so there hasn't been an issue transitioning to online learning. Best part about it is not needing to wake up an extra 2 hours early to account for getting dressed up and commute and I don't have to worry about the subway being delayed. But staying home and being in the same environment constantly is draining and it is extremely difficult to get any inspiration to do my work. I just hope students are able to be vaccinated soon so I can just go back to spending shit ton of money just to do the same shit at a cafe instead.

• Content Count:  417

I'm currently working on hybrid, and due to the fact that almost all of my classes are synchronous, almost everyone besides a select few find it really difficult to learn online. Basically, at my school, it's a choice between being safe or getting a good grade. Given the choice, I personally would want to go back everyday, but as I live with my family, it's closer to being up to them as to how much risk they want to take. 

COVID is bad, but IN MY OPINION, I'd take the risk in order to gain a better education while I still can. I'm not here to start arguments like those butterfucks up there, just giving my two cents on the original topic.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  331

Online learning is a meh for me. As great as it may seem to be able to work from home hand have the ability to roll out of bed and jump into class, its really not great at all. Like Remixed said above me, 

8 hours ago, RemixedPixel said:

Basically, at my school, it's a choice between being safe or getting a good grade.

I have a difficult time trying to get myself to pay attention in class, especially when some classes only involve taking notes so I can just record the meeting for later. My three classes that are based on note taking are directly after lunch, so after I eat i'll pretty much be playing minecraft the rest of the day. I recently started hybrid learning, and I noticed how not only I learn more, I also feel better physically and mentally. While I'm attending school online I'm usually always tired, sluggish, and wrapped up in a blanket. On the days that I'm going to physical school, I wake up early, get through the whole school day, walk to get myself a bite and then also walk several miles home all with a decent amount of energy. I've been online learning for so long, that I honestly dont want to give it up. If I were to stay COMPLETELY remote though, some changes would need to be made as to how schools handle online learning. I don't feel like waking up at 8 for a zoom meeting that im not gonna pay attention to. I'd rather wake up and be able to watch a quick run down of the notes, then do the work afterward. 

Reply to Thread