? servers

? players online

star wars event skins idea

• Content Count:  560

i like the star wars skins but i have a suggestion for how the supporter skins should work maybe instead of it not being possible for the lower supporter ranks to buy the higher rank supporter skins you make the skins buyable but expensive like 10k credits or higher and keep it free or at a discount for the rank the skin corresponds to

• Like 4
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  3294

This is a good idea, and is definitely possible, but would it even be worth it at this point for Regulars? I can see for example, a Premium Supporter wanting an Elite Supporter skin, but it's just a $5 increase for them. This also adds the headache of managing model prices and making sure they're all fair and balanced. 

This could be worthwhile for the models that never leave the server, but then that removes the exclusivity of the top tier Supporter Models. I'd like to hear what other managers, marketers, or players think.

Discuss

• Content Count:  1583

Having models free for supporters of the matching rank and at a set price for players below that rank seems like the most logical thing to do. Imagine spending $15 a month and not being able to get the coolest models on the server because they were gone by the time you had credits saved up. Alternatively, spending $20 on credits and having to wear regular skins like a chump. This would allow models to be swapped more frequently while adding a better incentive for being a supporter.

Think in terms of playtime when considering the prices for models, especially for those that are for quick events like this. Player sees dope model that costs 10k and is only available to supporters. Decides to sub for the model, getting an 8x credit multiplier only to realize its going to take 20 hours in game for him to be able to get it anyways.

Personally, I think the store should branch some from the model swapping mentality anyways, as there's only a limited number of models out there and supporter regs are able to bank enough credits to live off of after about 6 months to a year of playtime unless you're constantly shafting them by making them rebuy the same models.

Trails are stupid easy to make if someone was able to get the media/modding team on it, and hats/masks/nadeskins are substantially easier than models as they don't need rigged or animated. Hell, if you had a warden plugin, you could even do custom marker effects ;)

• Like 2

Reply to Thread