? servers

? players online

Scrims Powerups Event

• Content Count:  1583

Y'all should take some inspiration from Warowl's videos. The last and only scrim event I remember (apart from SGSL) was mirrored maps; while neat, I think it would be cool to spice up gameplay HARD as it's not something most players will have the opportunity to experience elsewhere. Nospread, bhop, different HP, bumpmines, etc. The more cancer the better.

Not to get too off topic, but as a side note, it usually takes 20+ minutes to get enough people and get things set up for a scrim so we'll usually just end up 5 manning a comp instead. Maybe offering things normal competitive can't like an extended map pool could bring some life back into the server. I understand that scrim has tended to have a 'serious vanilla' tone previously or whatever, but it's been a long time since the server has had regular pop; maybe it's time to try branching out and seeing if regs want to take things in a different direction.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2206

I think it would help to have weekly scrim nights. Every Saturday/Sunday at X time first 10 to show up play. It might be slow at first but I can see having an established routine pan out for the better. 

I also think it’s time to take the password off and make it a pubic scrim server similar to the warlord css scrim servers. If having a dedicated SG scrim server is a necessity we can always open a second one intended for private use.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread