? servers

? players online

Job Opening

• Content Count:  11501

Not sure if this would be better served in the Economics section or here, but here it goes:

There is a 'no relevant experience required' job announcement to be an air traffic controller opening up on USA Jobs from July 30th - August 2nd. These openings do not happen often; maybe once every year to two years. Great benefits, pay, etc - probably one of the highest paying jobs that don't require a degree. Main stipulation is you have to be under 30. I highly recommend the job, especially if you have nothing else really going on and want a change of scenery with your life. Feel free to ask me any questions, whether on here or privately, and I can help out with the hiring process if need be. 

For those interested, just type in Air Traffic Controller into the search bar (but make sure you select the correct one, there will be others that are not applicable) on the 30th...it should be 12am EST. Apply soon, cause they often close the flood gates early after receiving a bunch of applications.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  905

non-CA+ can't see it but Daft's pic of Jane's dad from Breaking Bad is my biggest fear of that job.

I'd have to move to or near Toronto for the position but the cost of living there is fucked. The average cost has increased drastically over the last 10-15 years.

• Like 2
Edited by Mace

I wouldn't recommend doing Canadian air traffic control at the moment. Pretty unstable with layoffs and whatnot right now since they're privatized. 

Collisions like that are, for the most part, largely not true...but make for great TV.  There's just so much technology in today's aviation world and so many automated systems, that they usually catch something that is going to be dangerous. They used to exist and they still exist in smaller civil settings, but not so much with major airliners lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Caution said:

I wouldn't recommend doing Canadian air traffic control at the moment. Pretty unstable with layoffs and whatnot right now since they're privatized. 

Collisions like that are, for the most part, largely not true...but make for great TV.  There's just so much technology in today's aviation world and so many automated systems, that they usually catch something that is going to be dangerous. They used to exist and they still exist in smaller civil settings, but not so much with major airliners lol.

Ya, air canada has had the most bad press lately that I've seen. One of my cousin's work in Alberta for West Jet, she was talking about the mass layoffs but with her semi-recent promotion way up the hierarchy, she's safe.

I'm sure my fear is based off the dramatization of TV but the job seems to me like experience would rid any fears.

• Like 1
Edited by Mace

• Content Count:  971

3 hours ago, Mace said:

non-CA+ can't see it but Daft's pic of Jane's dad from Breaking Bad is my biggest fear of that job.

I'd have to move to or near Toronto for the position but the cost of living there is fucked. The average cost has increased drastically over the last 10-15 years.

We live in 1984

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mace said:

Ya, air canada has had the most bad press lately that I've seen. One of my cousin's work in Alberta for West Jet, she was talking about the mass layoffs but with her semi-recent promotion way up the hierarchy, she's safe.

I'm sure my fear is based off the dramatization of TV but the job seems to me like experience would rid any fears.

Air Canada is an airline company lol, Nav Canada is the actual air traffic system. They basically bought it from the government for like a billion dollars.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Caution said:

Air Canada is an airline company lol, Nav Canada is the actual air traffic system. They basically bought it from the government for like a billion dollars.

Ahh yes, you can tell I don’t know too much about it lmao.

Reply to Thread